Broken Nova, Benelli says "Sorry"

clwilki

I have a Benelli Nova that the stock broke while I was goose hunting (Gun jammed and I was trying to pull on the forearm with the butt on my hip and it snapped). I called Benelli and they told me sorry you will just have to buy another gun. I asked them if they would make me a new stock and they said no for what the stock cost your better off to just buy a new gun. I can't believe that for such a "High End" firearms producer that they don't back their products any better then that. My advice, don't buy a Nova or any Benelli for that matter. If they can't back their product any better then that I won't give them another dime. You know the Nova is a cheaper shotgun, but can you imagine spending $1000 on a Super Black Eagle, have something go wrong, and Benelli tells you "sorry for your bad luck, buy a new gun" I mean come on! Its just Sorry. Sincerely, Remington Guy Know.

I have a Benelli Nova that the stock broke while I was goose hunting (Gun jammed and I was trying to pull on the forearm with the butt on my hip and it snapped). I called Benelli and they told me sorry you will just have to buy another gun. I asked them if they would make me a new stock and they said no for what the stock cost your better off to just buy a new gun. I can't believe that for such a "High End" firearms producer that they don't back their products any better then that. My advice, don't buy a Nova or any Benelli for that matter. If they can't back their product any better then that I won't give them another dime. You know the Nova is a cheaper shotgun, but can you imagine spending $1000 on a Super Black Eagle, have something go wrong, and Benelli tells you "sorry for your bad luck, buy a new gun" I mean come on! Its just Sorry. Sincerely, Remington Guy Know.

Nova stock just don't break. I've never heard such a thing. Do you have picture of this stock? May we see it? It sounds like you force it to do something it wasn't supose to do. I have 3 nova's and there tanks. Others on here and other forums will agree.

O well,Good luck with your Remington rust bucket.

With the stock on your hip you would not have enough leverage to break the Nova stock. They are too hard, and unless you are the hulk the probability is zero to none. That is why they won't replace your stock...Because the force needed to break it is way beyond what you and your hip can produce. Sounds like you had it in a gun vice and with a running start slammed into it (That still might not break it..:)). Post some pics to add to your creditability. If it is a manufacturer defect we will be able to see right away from the break line and you will get advice on how to get it fixed or replaced by Benelli or your dealer. Is it still under warranty?

Benelli replaced an entire M4 barrel assembly for me because the FSB was 2-3* off center no questions asked. Just sent the barrel in and got a new one in a few days. That costs 2-3X what your entire gun did if we are to use retail price as a guide.

They sent me a free firing-pin retaining pin once also. Free.

You must have pissed them off.

Bashing on the first post has never gotten desired results, or solved any problems. All it does is throw your credibility in the toilet..

x 2 of what he said :)

I've never heard of a Nova stock just 'breaking'. I suspect you broke it by using it improperly, then tried to slip one past Benelli, they didn't buy it, and now you are upset.

Let me give you a little tip, many of us try to slip one past the goalie. It works sometimes, but not always :D

I'd buy a new Nova in another configuration, like a slug Nova, then swap out your barrel and sell the slug barrel here or on-line. At least that way, you can recover some of your loss!

I currently own three Benelli long guns but all together have had more than twelve. Even with my completly picky nature Benelli has helped me out in one way or another with any issues I have ever had.

Your problem is one where common sense is the obvious reason for them not assisting you. To be quite honest it seems as if you expect someone else to pay for something you caused.