OT - An Outrage and Disgrace in My State

tucker301

My father was a W *** Vet and i respect him very much. That being said I just don't see the connection to them wanting him to follow the rules and making them unpatriotic... or liberal for that matter (Extremely unsubstantiated and i would believe the burden of proof would be on the one making the accusation). Think of it from a legal standpoint if they allow him to raise a flag on a pole, then they would really have to allow everyone else to as well... one time exceptions i don't think usually end up being one time. Someone could argue the same points for raising a flag pole of some other nation or group. and then the HOA would start having to let everyone do it.

Ask yourself... would you feel the same about this issue if someone raised a Mexican flag on a flagpole in their yard? If you can't seem to have the same amount of zeal to protect this person's rights to speech as the guy raising the American flag then your motives are all mixed up.

The HOA's issue is not about patriotism it's about stupid legal crap and keeping property value up.

This is not Mexico, nor is it any other nation. The action in question does not revolve around the pole. It revolves SPECIFICALLY around the flag being flown. If it is within the federal guidelines, he will have his way imho, and I am glad.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not Mexico, nor is it any other nation. The action in question does not revolve around the pole. It revolves SPECIFICALLY around the flag being flown. If it is within the federal guidelines, he will have his way imho, and I am glad.

Bravo Uno. Last time I checked, Virginia was north of the border. :D

Ask yourself... would you feel the same about this issue if someone raised a Mexican flag on a flagpole in their yard? If you can't seem to have the same amount of zeal to protect this person's rights to speech as the guy raising the American flag then your motives are all mixed up.

even as UNO has already mentioned, this is AMERICA!! NOT MEXICO!!:eek: and this comment just goes to show how the libtards are corrupting even good minds lately!!!! and yet people still wonder how this country came to be in such disorder its in?? ;) could it be cause WE CATER TO THE NEEDS OF FORIEGNERS??YUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by texas skeeter

First of all, just want to say I feel the same way about America and the American flag as the most outraged among us. It's just when I read this I thought maybe there's more to this than meets the eye. Just the way the press opted to cover it may mean we don't have a complete recounting of the issue. Call me a press cynic.

As we really don't know the issue based on what was published, I'm reluctant to agree it's all about the nation's FLAG he's opted to fly. In fact, I'd bet it's not that at all. There are no federal guidelines germane to this case as best I can tell. It's about the regs. in the community in which he resides on what's appropriate. What is a reasonable sized flag?

It's also TOTAL BS to assert it's not about the pole. Its size is THE issue I'd guess. Also TOTALLY stupid and pure conjecture that this community in the outskirts of Richmond, VA is infested with "liberals" that don't care about the country.

Silly that it got to this point. Imagine the array of compromises possible. Five neighbors flying flags daily around his house on porch mounted stands would certainly show more respect for the flag in the area than a giant flag pole and a single flag at his house. This could simply be about a 90 year old man's belief that he can wrap himself around his combat record and the flag and violate the tenants of the association that he previously agreed to adhere to. Yes, he's old and probably didn't read the rules, but being ill-informed has never been a legal remedy. Suspect his life at this point revolves around his attainment of the MOH. While I admire his service, I'm sad that he can't take comfort in a large flag flown off of his porch. Again, no one should judge the situation from this half-told story, but it sure seems to me he thinks he can thumb his nose at some rules and at 90 is all about staying engaged in a controversy. Something to do.

And UNO: Your assessment is worth jacksh*t to me. When you spend your FIRST day risking your ass for your country you can comment like you have a clue, until then keep jerking to your Rambo DVDs and STFU.

Edited by BigHat

First of all, just want to say I feel the same way about America and the American flag as the most outraged among us. It's just when I read this I thought maybe there's more to this than meets the eye. Just the way the press opted to cover it may mean we don't have a complete recounting of the issue. Call me a press cynic.

As we really don't know the issue based on what was published, I'm reluctant to agree it's all about the nation's FLAG he's opted to fly. In fact, I'd bet it's not that at all. There are no federal guidelines germane to this case as best I can tell. It's about the regs. in the community in which he resides on what's appropriate. What is a reasonable sized flag?

It's also TOTAL BS to assert it's not about the pole. Its size is THE issue I'd guess. Also TOTALLY stupid and pure conjecture that this community in the outskirts of Richmond, VA is infested with "liberals" that don't care about the country.

Silly that it got to this point. Imagine the array of compromises possible. Five neighbors flying flags daily around his house on porch mounted stands would certainly show more respect for the flag in the area than a giant flag pole and a single flag at his house. This could simply be about a 90 year old man's belief that he can wrap himself around his combat record and the flag and violate the tenants of the association that he previously agreed to adhere to. Yes, he's old and probably didn't read the rules, but being ill-informed has never been a legal remedy. Suspect his life at this point revolves around his attainment of the MOH. While I admire his service, I'm sad that he can't take comfort in a large flag flown off of his porch. Again, no one should judge the situation from this half-told story, but it sure seems to me he thinks he can thumb his nose at some rules and at 90 is all about staying engaged in a controversy. Something to do.

And UNO: Your assessment is worth jacksh*t to me. When you spend your FIRST day risking your ass for your country you can comment like you have a clue, until then keep jerking to your Rambo DVDs and STFU.

Well, I would need a PS90 like you have to truly play soldier boy. Further, while you are attempting to hide behind the flag here, so to speak, it isn't going to work. I don't have to degrade the entire USMC to say that there are a few idiots in it who think military service is the only way one can serve their country. Few rotten eggs in each batch.

Much like you admire the MOH winner's service, I applaud yours, but you are a person, not a service record, and the fact that you hide behind it is amusing.

It helps me to understand that I am conversing with someone who feels that they have outlived their usefulness to society (presuming you are no-longer active duty). I am thankful I don't share your narrow-minded viewpoint of what makes this country great. I would further suggest that at your age, mixing it up with guys in their mid 20's on the internet serves the same purpose you think flying the Flag serves this 90 year old. Something to do during a late mid-life crisis to prove to yourself that you are still full of piss and vinegar or some such nonsense.

Another logical question, if my assessement isn't worth a damn to you, then what makes you think yours is worth anything to me?

We all know you like to whine about my posts and any chance you have you take a swing at them, so this is nothing new, and I am not suprised by it. However, I have nothing better to do right now than swing back at you :cool:

*Keep in mind that I pay for the M4's that those guys use over there. Without the professional at home paying taxes, the combatant in the field withers and dies without supplies. Their fates are inexorably intertwined and to suggest that one is more important than the other is ignorance.

Edited by Unobtanium

Well, I would need a PS90 like you have to truly play soldier boy. Further, while you are attempting to hide behind the flag here, so to speak, it isn't going to work. I don't have to degrade the entire USMC to say that there are a few idiots in it who think military service is the only way one can serve their country. Few rotten eggs in each batch.

Much like you admire the MOH winner's service, I applaud yours, but you are a person, not a service record, and the fact that you hide behind it is amusing.

It helps me to understand that I am conversing with someone who feels that they have outlived their usefulness to society (presuming you are no-longer active duty). I am thankful I don't share your narrow-minded viewpoint of what makes this country great. I would further suggest that at your age, mixing it up with guys in their mid 20's on the internet serves the same purpose you think flying the Flag serves this 90 year old. Something to do during a late mid-life crisis to prove to yourself that you are still full of piss and vinegar or some such nonsense.

Another logical question, if my assessement isn't worth a damn to you, then what makes you think yours is worth anything to me?

We all know you like to whine about my posts and any chance you have you take a swing at them, so this is nothing new, and I am not suprised by it. However, I have nothing better to do right now than swing back at you :cool:

*Keep in mind that I pay for the M4's that those guys use over there. Without the professional at home paying taxes, the combatant in the field withers and dies without supplies. Their fates are inexorably intertwined and to suggest that one is more important than the other is ignorance.

I'll keep it short and to the point. You're a douche bag and a total poser. You have demonstrated such on every post in every thread here. I've taken dumps that have greater value than you. You don't belong in a conversation on a serious topic, you just don't rate consideration as a serious contributor based on your zero.sh*t level of experience on anything. As far as your opinion of me? Never thought to ponder it.

And Tex: Let's be honest, no one has ever used bright and your name in the same sentence. If I were to quote your own words, you're mostly a clueless dumba*s that prefers "stirring the pot" to adding anything of value.

Edited by BigHat

I'll keep it short and to the point. You're a douche bag and a total poser. You have demonstrated such on every post in every thread here. I've taken dumps that have greater value than you. You don't belong in a conversation on a serious topic, you just don't rate consideration as a serious contributor based on your zero.sh*t level of experience on anything. As far as your opinion of me? Never thought to ponder it.

And Tex: Let's be honest, no one has ever used bright and your name in the same sentence. If I were to quote your own words, you're mostly a clueless dumba*s that prefers "stirring the pot" to adding anything of value.

You remind me of the washed up private my upstrairs neighbor dated. I still remember him beating on his chest (literally) and exclaiming (with regards to Iraq) "We were the LAW over there!"

He based his entire worth on his short stint in the armed forces. Granted yours was a longer stint, which means that you are all the more impressed with yourself over it. In fact, you are a man in his 50's or somewhere near there, who is a has-been, and is currently arguing his worth with a 23 year old who has enough common sense to just be amused by it than to get all worked up.

True, I do not have military experience, but I listen to those who learned something from theirs. Not some vietnam 'vet re-living his glory days on the Benelli forum. I would wager, based on your other posts that my knowledge regarding what is discussed here (terminal ballistics, Benelli M4's, PS90's, etc.) is in excess of yours. You seem to disregard people who know what they are talking about (Dr. Roberts, etc. etc.). This alone tells me that your ego out grew your capacity to "adapt and overcome" a long time ago.

It will be lame as aways. He's the definition of an empty suit. He's done nothing. He's an Internet Rambo and makes me wanna puke at his faggot machismo.

I question if you really are around 50+ years old. If I had to take a guess, either you are not the age your claimed service record indicates, or you have not developed as a person. Most likely I think that you have not developed as a person. Did you know that at the time someone forms an addiction, their development stops? I would wager that you took up some form of addiction in your late teens to early 20's. Could be anything from work to drugs to alcohol, but you definitely fit the profile for arrested development and that is a likely cause.

Before you argue this, do you really think at your age baiting and then engauging me on an internet forum making wild suppositions about my sexuality and manhood is indicative of normal behavior for a retired USMC (whatever rank you were)? I would say it is more in line with being a bored college student, but hey, just a little honest "look in the mirror time" for you. I think you are stuck. I think AA or some other 12-step program could help.

Edited by Unobtanium

I've lived it,you've posed it. Don't compare me to a fictitious E-1.

Ethics and values are aspirations until tested. I have been tested , yours are still in your wet dreams.

Please find a post of mine claiming military service, or any statement that I did anything of the sort. Point me to this "poser" claim.

You remind me of the washed up private my upstrairs neighbor dated. I still remember him beating on his chest (literally) and exclaiming (with regards to Iraq) "We were the LAW over there!"

He based his entire worth on his short stint in the armed forces. Granted yours was a longer stint, which means that you are all the more impressed with yourself over it. In fact, you are a man in his 50's or somewhere near there, who is a has-been, and is currently arguing his worth with a 23 year old who has enough common sense to just be amused by it than to get all worked up.

True, I do not have military experience, but I listen to those who learned something from theirs. Not some vietnam 'vet re-living his glory days on the Benelli forum. I would wager, based on your other posts that my knowledge regarding what is discussed here (terminal ballistics, Benelli M4's, PS90's, etc.) is in excess of yours. You seem to disregard people who know what they are talking about (Dr. Roberts, etc. etc.). This alone tells me that your ego out grew your capacity to "adapt and overcome" a long time ago.

I question if you really are around 50+ years old. If I had to take a guess, either you are not the age your claimed service record indicates, or you have not developed as a person. Most likely I think that you have not developed as a person. Did youow that at the time someone forms an addiction, their development stops? I would wager that you took up some form of addiction in your late teens to early 20's. Could be anything from work to drugs to alcohol, but you definitely fit the profile for arrested development and that is a likely cause.

Before you argue this, do you really think at your age baiting and then engauging me on an internet forum making wild suppositions about my sexuality and manhood is indicative of normal behavior for a retired USMC (whatever rank you were)? I would say it is more in line with being a bored college student, but hey, just a little honest "look in the mirror time" for you. I think you are stuck. I think AA or some other 12-step program could help.

Well others can decide if I'm some loser debating a true Rambo loser like you. I claim to be a retired Col in the US Marines that joined after getting a BS degree in finance in 1978. Became a pilot and retired in 2005. You can't carry my jock strap or the jock strap of anyone that signed up to serve rather than being the internet Rambo that you are. Buy a shotgun and shoot it at a civilian range- wow you're so macho.

as i sit here reading you name call, cuss out and put down fellow benellians here, i dont even need to ask the question about who the real child is here!! you should act a little more like an adult here " mr i sit on my perch and my sh-t dont stink"!!:rolleyes: i know,,, lets debate the topics rather than what you just displayed!!! oh and, PS90's are a POS!!!:D

Please find a post of mine claiming military service, or any statement that I did anything of the sort. Point me to this "poser" claim.

No you're right on that. You've never indicated that you're anything other than a fag poser that hasn't risked his ass in law enforcement or the military. That's my point, your opinion on important issues isn't worth anything.

as i sit here reading you name call, cuss out and put down fellow benellians here, i dont even need to ask the question about who the real child is here!! you should act a little more like an adult here " mr i sit on my perch and my sh-t dont stink"!!:rolleyes: i know,,, lets debate the topics rather than what you just displayed!!! oh and, PS90's are a POS!!!:D

Wow, is that the best you can do? I don't even understand what you write. English your second language? Drinking tonight?

Well others can decide if I'm some loser debating a true Rambo loser like you. I claim to be a retired Col in the US Marines that joined after getting a BS degree in finance in 1978. Became a pilot and retired in 2005. You can't carry my jock strap or the jock strap of anyone that signed up to serve rather than being the internet Rambo that you are. Buy a shotgun and shoot it at a civilian range- wow you're so macho.

See, the funny thing is, I never made any "rambo" claims. You just got upset way back when we disagreed over terminal ballistics involving the PS90, the use of birdhshot, and other items of interest and I cited data that backed my position. You had nothing because there was nothing other than a list of agencies you posted in the PS90 thread. I posted the work of those who studied it in detail, not some bean-counter who OK'ed it for agency use.

Another few questions I would pose to you:

Do you feel that your conduct in this thread is befitting or in-line with the expected maturity level of a retired USMC Col?

Do you feel that making false statements about what someone claims, baiting them into a debate online, and then looking like a fool in that debate has improved your image? You clearly had a fight to pick, you picked it, and you come off as a petulant child with a point to prove. Please re-visit my theory that you are struggling with some sort of developmental crisis and probably have been since your late teens/early 20's.

No you're right on that. You've never indicated that you're anything other than a fag poser that hasn't risked his ass in law enforcement or the military. That's my point, your opinion on important issues isn't worth anything.

Because I aspired to the medical profession instead of military/law enforcement my opinion doesn't count. I see. Once again, you validate yourself through what you did. Since you are retired, you are worthless, as you are not doing this valuable thing. That is the logic-string here. Maybe you AREN'T stuck at a stage, maybe you got bored after retiring, you are starting to feel unneeded, and you are regressing. Who knows. Many theories, but I do know that you have some sort of issue. Work on it.

Me providing factual information to this forum does not make me macho. It makes me an information source. You picking fights with me over it, and calling me a poser when I never claimed anything, well, it makes you look like an uninformed idiot.

Edited by Unobtanium

and UNO, ill agree with you. Mr BIGHAT,:rolleyes: thus the macho name, sure DOES NOT in any way carry himself to be ANY kind of officer material in ANYONES military!!! and IF by chance he was, he was probably dishonorable discharged for SOME STUPID actions while actively on duty im SURE!!!:p

Get a copy, DD214

See, the funny thing is, I never made any "rambo" claims. You just got upset way back when we disagreed over terminal ballistics involving the PS90, the use of birdhshot, and other items of interest and I cited data that backed my position. You had nothing because there was nothing other than a list of agencies you posted in the PS90 thread. I posted the work of those who studied it in detail, not some bean-counter who OK'ed it for agency use.

Another few questions I would pose to you:

Do you feel that your conduct in this thread is befitting or in-line with the expected maturity level of a retired USMC Col?

Do you feel that making false statements about what someone claims, baiting them into a debate online, and then looking like a fool in that debate has improved your image? You clearly had a fight to pick, you picked it, and you come off as a petulant child with a point to prove. Please re-visit my theory that you are struggling with some sort of developmental crisis and probably have been since your late teens/early 20's.

My comments on this thread aren't related in the slightest to the PS90 thread. I said my piece in that thread, you disagreed as did others and that's fine with me. I saw no point with continuing the debate and didn't. Why you link that to this thread? it surprises me - you insecure in your position and need more "ammo" even if it's unrelated?

Yes, I assure you I'm an O-6 (ret). That doesn't mean I don't feel it appropriate to sink to lower levels of intellect when it presents its self. Wish it wasn't the case, but I found you here.

Let's get back to the issue if you're serious about an honest discourse. Why are you guys wrapping yourself around the flag and shutting off your brain? Seriously, I think I you're dolts! I'm in your court on the US and the flag but are you so shallow that you haven't stepped back in look at this a bit deeper than face value?

Uno, you have a track record of 100 level assessments of 400 level problems. Okay, you're young, bold and not particularly bright. I've picked that up over months of your posts , but you need to sit back and ponder issues rather than instantly attack the messenger.

Edited by BigHat