Benelli Super Nova

Pavel

I just purchased the Benelli Supernova in MAX 4 and can not wait to get it out for some ducks. This is my very first gun and was wondering if there needs to be any cleaning done before the first time that I go out with it. If so, any links to step by step instructions would be great.

Take care.

I just purchased the Benelli Supernova in MAX 4 and can not wait to get it out for some ducks. This is my very first gun and was wondering if there needs to be any cleaning done before the first time that I go out with it. If so, any links to step by step instructions would be great.

Take care.

Any new gun needs to be cleaned before taken out and shot. The manual makes it easy to figure out.

Take care.

Welcome not only to the Forum but to the World of Benelli! You have made a GREAT Purchase and are now the owner of my favorite Pump Shotgun in the wold!

I would do as NovaKing said by following your manuals instructions.

My advice to you is to take it apart in its entirety and get really familiar with the shotgun. A light lube of all the inner parts will serve you well. Once reassembled, with the safety on, cycle various loads through your gun to make sure that everything is performing correctly. This gun is very easy to take apart and clean.

Simply unscrew your barrel screw cap on the end of your forestock which will allow you to remove the barrel. Next I would take a push pin or the barrel screw cap nipple to push out the two pins, this will drop your trigger assembly out.

You can than pull out the forestock and lightly oil the rails, than reinsert. Do not force these pieces into the holes they were removed from, use a delicate touch so that you do not bend them, this is made easier by making sure the bolt assembly is in the correct position allowing for the rails to insert correctly on the inner rails that they slide on. Make sure the bolt assembly is in the front position before reinserting the trigger assembly, again do not force or jam any of these parts. When they are in the correct position it will all go back in nice and smooth.

Oil the outer parts of the trigger assembly and reinsert it, making sure the longer screw goes back in the forward hole.. Give the inside of your barrel a thin oil job and reinsert onto the gun, finishing the assembly with the screwing on of the barrel screw cap.

Make sure the pump action is working correctly and cycle some different staggered sized rounds through it. For example insert a 2-3/4" followed by a 3.5" or 3" and than back to a 2-3/4" round than repeat until the magazine is full before cycling. If you do not have different sized shot shells just cycle the ammo you have available, making sure that you have correctly reassembled the gun.

Have a Great Time with your new gun and shoot a lot through it! You will find that the more you shoot it the smoother the action becomes.

Happy Hunting!:D