Breaking in new M2

RETRVER

Picking up a 12ga. M2 this weekend (my first Benelli) after hearing from my hunting friends, Benelli is great this and Benelli is great that and you'll never look back ;) After shooting many other brands of shotguns over 30+ years in the hunting field the guys finally broke me down and I figured I'd give the M2 a try this fall. They don't know that yet ;)

My question is I hear there is a break-in period for the Benelli shotguns? Can someone elaborate or point me in the right direction for this kind of information? I'll be doing a little traveling to pick up this new shotgun and wanted to have the right shells and cleaning equipment to bring along.

Much appreciated.

I broke both my M2's in with target loads and never had any trouble, but what Tucker said to do will break the gun in quicker. From what I read in the manual the break in period is recomended so the gun will function reliably with lighter target loads, but if your going to use it for hunting right away I would just run a few rounds of hunting loads through it to get used to how the gun operates and to make sure there isn't anything wrong with the gun. I think you will be very happy with your M2, I currently own an M1 20ga, 2 M2's, and I used to own an M1 12ga, and a SBE1, and my fiance owns an M2 and with the exception of the SBE1 being finicky with target loads, all my Benelli's have been excellent guns right out of the box.

Thank you all for your prompt responses. Saved me some serious time. I'm going to a get-together this weekend after picking up the M2 and it typically involves lots of clay shooting in the afternoons. Sounds like shooting clays with target loads, rather then heavier loads out of the box, is the way to go.

Looking forward to the Benelli experience.