DDupleks

Unobtanium

Monolit 28 – 450 m/s (1480 fps)

Monolit 32 – 430 m/s (1410 fps)

Hexolit 32 - 430 m/s (1410 fps)

Dupo28 – 425 m/s (1400 fps)

Barrel length: 70 cm

Should be a pretty soft-shooting slug! Made of steel, the diameter will not change/mushroom (regarding the monolits), so I figure if a Foster slug gives 15-18" penetration in gel expanding out to 1" or larger, these ought to at LEAST match it. That large, flat meplat will be nasty!

The Hexolit 32 looks like something out of a Batman movie. Can you buy these in the USA or just the solid ones?

A slug with an extremely enormous impact effect. When hitting the body, the frontal part of the slug instantly increases from 18.5 to 36-38 mm in diameter – this is the largest slug expansion diameter ever known.

Hexolit_32_picture.jpg

If you shot someone with a slug, I wouldn't see the point in buying any of thoughs slugs. If a good old fashion 400 grain chunk of lead won't stop someone, I don't think anything will.

Never underestimate your enemy, be it a boar or a home-invader. A more lethal slug is always a good thing.

Holy steep-prices Batman! $2 per slug = OUCH!

If you shot someone with a slug, I wouldn't see the point in buying any of thoughs slugs. If a good old fashion 400 grain chunk of lead won't stop someone, I don't think anything will.

Traditional foster slugs are soft, deform easily, and do poorly against hog's gristle plates and hard barriers like car doors, etc compared to what I think this solid steel will do.

Traditional foster slugs are soft, deform easily, and do poorly against hog's gristle plates and hard barriers like car doors, etc compared to what I think this solid steel will do.

Have you ever shot a car or truck with a foster slug?

They will go through one widthwise and still spit a 1/2 diameter chunk of lead out the other side with enough force to bury itself in a tree. This was in a fully intact car/truck with the windows rolled up and I used both Winchester 2 3/4" Power Points and Federal 2 3/4" TruBall's.

Have you ever shot a car or truck with a foster slug?

They will go through one widthwise and still spit a 1/2 diameter chunk of lead out the other side with enough force to bury itself in a tree. This was in a fully intact car/truck with the windows rolled up and I used both Winchester 2 3/4" Power Points and Federal 2 3/4" TruBall's.

Yes, I have shot a vehicle door with a foster slug. It did okay, but I felt that it could have done better. Lots of foster slugs fragment in plain water jugs, especially the hollowpoints (The first time I shot water jugs with a slug it penetrated 2 and small fragments nicked the 3rd. Disentegrated). Fosters tend to flatten and donut and come apart when they encounter things. Here is a picture of some foster style (hollowpoint) slugs taken from deer by a meat processor on another forum:

drfaer.jpg

This is what many fosters I have shot into water jugs or trees looked like.

My point is yes, it will go through the door, and yes it will probably still be nasty, but a solid steel slug will be nastier, and better is well...better.

Edited by Unobtanium

Uno, I'd love to try them. But I'd have to shoot a bunch of them out of my H&R first to make sure that steel core never touches the rifling. Would really hate to ruin my SBE barrel...:eek:

I looked at how the slug is made as well as talked with the company reps via e-mail. I am confident that this slug is safe.

The Hexolit 32 looks like something out of a Batman movie. Can you buy these in the USA or just the solid ones?

A slug with an extremely enormous impact effect. When hitting the body, the frontal part of the slug instantly increases from 18.5 to 36-38 mm in diameter – this is the largest slug expansion diameter ever known.

Hexolit_32_picture.jpg

Yeehaw, that's vicious looking. I want some. :eek:

Christmas is just around the corner. This could be your stocking stuffer. The hard part is asking Santa for ammo:

Dear Santa,

For Christmas I want Peace on Earth and Goodwill towards men....and a case of Hexolit 32 shells in case the first two items are too difficult.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good fight(?)

Christmas is just around the corner. This could be your stocking stuffer. The hard part is asking Santa for ammo:

Dear Santa,

For Christmas I want Peace on Earth and Goodwill towards men....and a case of Hexolit 32 shells in case the first two items are too difficult.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good fight(?)

Nono, you have it all wrong. The liberals have gotten to you. It's:

...and a case of Hexolit 32 shells to maintain that peace and good will.

Ya what are you gonna shoot? awaiting range report.:)

Only shot 5 of them, 1 into an oak tree that it buried itself into, and the other 4 on-target. I should have shot the shotgun some more before testing to get settled in, but I did not. The first 2 went wide, and the next two were in a 2" group dead-on. Testing was at 50 yards. I feel that this is inconclusive as I was still fidgeting around for the first 2 shots.

Anyways, I have 5 more to test later. My barrel is still just fine btw.