flip-up covers for Micro T-1?

xamoel

omg, why did you do that? did you sell your m4 as well?

No. I kept the M4, lol. I am just going to wait for the rail Kip is coming out with so I can run LaRue as I am a huge LaRue fan. I used the $$ to support my lifestyle of debauchery. The ADM mount is good, but like most QD mounts, the ADM does scratch the rail a tad. No big deal and it never affected zero, just a heads-up in-case you are OCD or something.

I am keeping this M4 :)

Edited by Unobtanium

i would go with kip as well, but i really want a rail system, and sidearmor seems to be the only one providing it.

any thoughts on the knights armament mount for the t-1?

I may be wrong, but I believe that the height of the lowest T-1 mount that KAC is making is for HK 416 height. You might want to go with something lower.

Later,

Hookster :)

that means what exactly? you don't want flaws on your gun?

if that's it, i definitely suffer from OCD.

example of gun OCD:

A guy I know that comes to the range often made a remark about how he had a burr on his wood stocked Browning O/U. I looked at the burr, could barely see it. He had decided that he needed to wear gloves because this burr rubbed his hand when he was shooting. I suggested that he might take some #OOOO sandpaper and smooth the burr down a bit. You would have thought I suggested he saw the gun in half. "But sandpaper would scratch the finish"...so he would rather have a burr that you could barely see that he needed to wear gloves for rather than smooth it out and put up with a small finish sanding...

Then don't shoot your M4. Shooting it chips and rubs the anodizing off of the inside of the reciever something fierce.

The OCD fix for that one is easy!!

one M4 to shoot

a second one to handle but never shoot or perhaps shoot one time for a function check after placing protective tape around the ejection port

and a third M4 which will remain unassembled in the box to provide peace of mind in case anything happens to #2 (very small scratch etc)

OCD problem solved :cool:

The OCD fix for that one is easy!!

one M4 to shoot

a second one to handle but never shoot or perhaps shoot one time for a function check after placing protective tape around the ejection port

and a third M4 which will remain unassembled in the box to provide peace of mind in case anything happens to #2 (very small scratch etc)

OCD problem solved :cool:

But can you truly trust something with just a magazine of ammo through it? It took 200 rounds for my Wilson Combat to mess up. When I got it back, it was another 100 rounds or so to mess it up again. When I got it back again, it took about 80 rounds to uncover the next failure.

All-in-all, I burned through over 400 rounds (of RA45T at $0.50 a round...NOT HAPPY) before I decided that the pistol was unacceptable and shipped it back for a refund.

My point is, you need to put AT LEAST 500 rounds through your weapon trouble-free before you can trust it. Preferably more.

But can you truly trust something with just a magazine of ammo through it? It took 200 rounds for my Wilson Combat to mess up. When I got it back, it was another 100 rounds or so to mess it up again. When I got it back again, it took about 80 rounds to uncover the next failure.

All-in-all, I burned through over 400 rounds (of RA45T at $0.50 a round...NOT HAPPY) before I decided that the pistol was unacceptable and shipped it back for a refund.

My point is, you need to put AT LEAST 500 rounds through your weapon trouble-free before you can trust it. Preferably more.

You have a point! I forgot to separate the firearm condition form of OCD (worries about scratches/blemishes etc) from the firearm operation/function form of OCD (worries about feeding/ejecting/cycling etc)

Firearm OCD is indeed a two headed beast!

Hookster :rolleyes:

BTW I agree. At least 500 rds fired without incident to trust a firearm

Edited by Hookster

lol i got it.

which mount would you recommend for someone who doesn't want his sidearmor rail or mount ruined from normal usage?

i read the thread about the not-full-spec picatinny rail, so Larue isn't the way to go i guess.

how about KAC, ADM, or GG&G?

GG&G's mount is too high, and KAC's is an unknown of $200.