Best choke tube...

ishootkittens

okay guys... im back again with another question. about chokes...

Well my beloved jellyhead choke is starting to wear down and ive been wanting a new one for quite some time. I got to thinking about it and i figured i might ask all of you which turkey choke i should buy for next years season. I am shooting a 28" Barreled supernova and i hope to get some good patterns out of federal,winchester, or hevi. Any suggestions guys! I would really like a pertruding choke if possible.

okay guys... im back again with another question. about chokes...

Well my beloved jellyhead choke is starting to wear down and ive been wanting a new one for quite some time. I got to thinking about it and i figured i might ask all of you which turkey choke i should buy for next years season. I am shooting a 28" Barreled supernova and i hope to get some good patterns out of federal,winchester, or hevi. Any suggestions guys! I would really like a pertruding choke if possible.

How is it wearing down? And how can you tell? Is it patterning different? How many rounds have you shot though it? Isn't there a warranty on the tube?

its not wearing down as much as i want to try a new choke. i mean the paint is coming off, its scratched and to tell the honest truth it was a gift and its made for a superblack eagle. shhh.. dont tell anyone. haha i didnt notice it said it on the choke the first couple of times i shot it. it patterned fine (better than both my buddies mossberg and stoeger) and it didnt screw with my gun and money was tight so i kept it in during turkey season..it shot fine.. but its ported and its not made for my gun.. so i was hoping to get a non-ported choke that is actualy MADE to fit a supernova. Tyson and I were lookin at a carlsons turkey choke that had a constriction of .640.. whoa.. yeah i know.. is that tight or what!

• 3 weeks later...

5s seem to pattern better just cause of the smaller shot but I have seen some guns shoot 4 copper plated better though. It all depends on the shell choke combo though. Buy you a Pure Gold 670 and you will most likely never shoot anything else. Actually if you want to talk to people who live and die hutning these damn turkeys. Go to http://www.oldgobbler.com their are some of the most knowledgeble people their when it comes to hutning turkeys whether it be shells or chokes and even handloading.

iiii dont know man. i appreciate the advice and im sure the pure golds pwn! but ive never seen anything like the pattern i got a 30 yards with that undertaker! haha..

did you see the picture! the wad shot through the target and STUCK into the ply wood holding the target! how many times have you ever seen a piece of plastic stick in wood?

If you would like to see the picture i can dig it up for ya!

niggargun.jpg

Edited by ishootkittens

Yeah i would love to see a actual 30 yard shot doing that. Also what shell were you supposedly shooting? For someone who has ths great shootng gun you sure seem unsure of yourself or the gun and pattern. Maybe you ought to pattern it more and see if you can duplicate it cause even a squirrel can find a nut every now and then. Personally i could care less bout what you shoot you asked a question not me I'll kill my birds this season like all others.

my dad used that same term when HE saw first hand that i destroyed that turkey target (even though it was homemade!) haha... and dude.. calm down.. haha it was just a suggestion bro! hahahah I did ask the question. and i got my answer. thanks for all the imput you guys threw in. i appreciate it. H.s. hats off to ya.

but i was shooting 3.5 inch federal flightcontrol mag shoks outta my supernova. i dont feel uncomfortable about it now! ive never seen anything like it. Now my bushnell range finder said it was 30 yards. it could have been anywhere from 28-32 yards for it is rated to +or- 2 yards. but when i bought the shells the fella that sold them to me said that it was the best ammo he used in his gun because the wad kept getting caught in the target! I called BS too.. but he was using a kicks gobblinthunder. I was told not to use the flightcontrol in a ported choke but the kicks have different porting style so it doesnt affect the wad. My undertaker has five TINY ports that are round and apparently they dont effect the wad either. after i get my gun patterned i always shoot at coke cans on top of twigs. They are about the size of a turkeys vital spots and i always drive the twig into the ground to the height of a turkey. then i take several shots and determine how many dead turkeys i would have if the 6 pack was actually gobbler heads! never had a coke turkey escape! AT least 4 pellets in the can between 30 and 40 yards. at least...

Overall im happy with the choke. its cheep (22 bucks for the choke and two H.S. diaphram calls) its accurate (I showed you the pattern.) and its fun. when i get the time and money for some more, ill go and post some more patterns for ya.

Edited by ishootkittens

welp as soon as my buddy gets his new choke tube i think we are all gunna head up in the mountains and throw some shot through it. Ill go out and buy the same ammo and ill take the range finder with me. my guess is ill hit about 20-30 hits. that is what it was last time. ill give it a shot and send you a pic.