Postitive Spin on Cheney Hunting Accident

usmarine

Likwid 2008 - Has a nice ring to it ;)

Intersting points indeed.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I mean, if we'd spent all those billions on rounding up and shipping illegals back across the border, instead of invading another country based on bad intelligence and a grudge?

Makes me wonder anyway.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and another thing.

I have a plan to stop the flow of illegals into the US, and it's simple.

We need the Mexican government to care about the problem and work on stopping them from their side too.

But how?

An exchange program....

Let's send them 2 useless, lazy, baggy pants & gold chain wearing, hip-hopping "American Citizens" on social assistance for every one hard-working, industrious, respectful Mexican that gets across.

We won't have to patrol the borders anymore. Mexico will build a wall that would make the Great Wall of China look like a curb. :D

LOL ...amen. Only problem is ... no other country would put up with the crap we put up with from "baggy pants" in the first place. He'd work or starve. He wouldn't be collecting his welfare check, food stamps, housing allowance, job training, free prenatal health care, free methadone fix, etc, etc, etc, ... and have the unmitigated gall to be *****ing like he was getting screwed out of something we OWED him to boot. The "Baggy Pants" types would be zooming by the Mexicans underground like a woodchuck on crack ... digging tunnels trying to get back into the USA and the good life freebees. Digging like they were "possessed." LOL

[ 03-03-2006, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: Butch-M ]

JUST IN:

Bush Defends Outsourcing of Jobs in India

1. President Heads to Pakistan Under Extraordinary Security

By DEB RIECHMANN, AP

The United States will not give into the protectionists and lose these opportunities," Bush said in a speech at Purana Qila, a historic fort here. "For the sake of workers in both our countries, America will trade with confidence."

Bush wrapped up his three-day stay in India with a landmark nuclear deal that is the centerpiece of America's new romance with this 1 billion-strong democracy, the world's largest. Later Friday, he was heading to Pakistan for an overnight visit under extraordinary security to a close anti-terror partner struggling with terrorism problems.

Bush said his nation and India will stand together against terrorists.

"They target democracies because they think we are weak and they think we can be frightened and retreat," Bush said. "Terrorists have misunderstood our countries. Americans and Indians love our freedom, and we will fight to keep it."

An estimated 80 percent of Indians live on less than $2 a day.

Yet India's middle class has swelled to more than 300 million, a number larger than the entire U.S. population, and India's exploding economy has created millions of jobs. The country's outsourcing industry alone is expected to bring in $22 billion in revenue this fiscal year, much of that generated by U.S. companies.

The president said the United States should see this rapidly growing nation as a land of opportunity instead of a threat. America's best response to globalization is not to erect economic barriers to protect workers, but educate them to make sure they can compete on any stage, Bush said.

"In my country, some focus only on one aspect of our trade relations with India --outsourcing," he said.

But he also urged India to lift caps on foreign investment, lower tariffs that penalize American agricultural markets and protect its workers and children from abuses.

"India has responsibilities too," he said.

As the president headed to Pakistan, Bush aides said officials were satisfied adequate security precautions were in place. National security adviser Stephen Hadley acknowledged, though, that "this is not a risk-free undertaking."

Bush has promised to raise with President Gen. Pervez Musharraf the need to do more to hunt down al-Qaida members. Osama bin Laden is believed to be hiding along the porous and mountainous border with Afghanistan. And just a day before Bush arrived, a suicide car bomber killed an American diplomat and three others in a strike near the U.S. consulate in the southern port city of Karachi, a hotbed of Islamic militancy hundreds of miles from Islamabad, where the president was staying.

He also will talk about the need for additional democratic reforms.

1. But a public show of solidarity for the Pakistani leader, who has survived repeated assassination attempts in part because of his support for the U.S. war on terror, was taking center stage.

"I will meet with President Musharraf to discuss Pakistan's vital cooperation in the war on terror and our efforts to foster economic and political development so that we can reduce the appeal of radical Islam," Bush said. "I believe that a prosperous, democratic Pakistan will be a steadfast partner for America, a peaceful neighbor for India and a force for freedom and moderation in the Arab world."

Bush told several hundred people from a brightly lit stage that he's been "dazzled" by India.

"Our two great democracies are now united by opportunities that can lift our people and by threats than can bring down all our progress," he said. "The United States and India, separated by half the globe, are closer than ever before, and the partnership between our free nations has the power to transform the world."

3/3/2006 09:02:33

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, ... An estimated 80 percent of Indians live on less than $2 a day.??? How many of you think you or your neighbor can compete with THAT figure??? Is “educating” our workers going to compete with 25 cents an hour in China and/or $2 a day in India??? India & China are LOADED with highly educated labor ... and they’re making 25 cents an hour??? Just how stupid does George think we are????

“India's exploding economy has created millions of jobs. The country's outsourcing industry alone is expected to bring in $22 billion in revenue this fiscal year, much of that generated by U.S. companies.” 22 billion??? That’s 22 BILLION that’s being shipped out of the USA economy and Americans household income!!! “Outsourcing” ... that Orwellian newspeak for losing your job.

ALSO note: INDIA’s protectionist tariffs, INDIA’s caps on investment and INDIA’s abuse of child labor. Do YOU actually know anybody, have a friend or acquaintance ... gaining anything from “outsourcing???” I don’t.

I went and did a search on "immigrant" criminal statistics. Everything I saw on the first few pages said that noncitizens are more likely to commit crimes than citizens. There was one that said citizens in federal prisons are more likely to have a prior offense than noncitizens but that number may be skewed by the fact we can't always get to criminal records from other countries.

OUR GOVERNMENT HAS TO STOP THE FLOW OF ILLEGALS! All of the posts above show the reasons why. These people are commiting a crime by entering this country illegally. This makes them all criminals! They all need to be treated as such. Instead of giving them medical care, education, housing etc. , we should ship them back!

There are ways to enter this country legally. I don't have any problems welcoming people who enter legally and prove useful to our society ( just learn to speak English !).

John

Nothing that a few "good old boys", a few rifles and 2 cases of ammunition can't cure. When they cross the border and have to climb over piles of dead bodies, they will probably get the idea that they do not belong here. A Vietnamese General once said "Kill all they send, and they will stop coming".

I would be willing to donate a day or two out of every month to camp my happy *** along the border with my 300 Win Mag.

Well, your patriotism is admirable ... but there are OTHER logistics problems with your plan. Just how many undertakers do you suppose there are along that border for instance??? No ... you need to do a lot more homework before that plan can be signed off on.

And Tucker ... why don't we tow the USS New Jersey, that just happens to be sitting in the Deleware River decommissioned ... and bring it around to the San Diago district. It can replace your primitive and inefficient (although funny) catapult idea with some genuine American firepower. Stuff those nine 16" guns that fire a 2,600lb projectile . Wouldn't it be more psychologically effective if a whole towns worth of friends & relatives came soaring back over the border??? Kicking and flailing until they reached ground zero. There's just something special about even the word "Battleship."

Originally posted by tucker301:

I always thought a catapult that shoots them back over the heads of the next wave would be an effective measure as well.

When cousin Jose comes streaming over at 300' up doing 90 mph, you've just gotta stop and question whether it's worth the risk :D

Now there's an idea! :D

One of the links I read said that in 2004 there was something like 600 cases of border patrol agents being assualted by illegals along the US-Mexico border. Wouldn't that make them invaders? :eek:

Originally posted by Butch-M:

Well, your patriotism is admirable ... but there are OTHER logistics problems with your plan. Just how many undertakers do you suppose there are along that border for instance??? No ... you need to do a lot more homework before that plan can be signed off on..."

We just need to breed more coyotes...uh...the animal kind, that is. :eek: tongue.gif :D

What about a new paid job opportunity for border states? “Bounty hunters”. Fixed price for a head. Pure American job. No Mexican will take it from you… unless he legal and sick of the bunch of relatives. Hmm…. I don’t know if the state would cover the cost :confused:

[ 03-03-2006, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: garren ]

Please ... try to understand the number 22,000,000!!! THAT's MILLION! That's a LOT of fat coyotes!!! Giving your average "Wile E Coyote" the benefit of the doubt ... let's say he finishes off the average Jose in three days. That's 66,000,000 days worth of food??? 66 million divided by 365 days in a year = 180,800 YEARS to clean up the problem ... or if your find 10,000 dogs ... it’s still an 18 year deal. Provided of course that your coyotes don’t mind eating Mexican food seven days a week ... forever. No, NO ... this ain't goin to work. Not unless you can breed coyotes the size of elephants ... and a LOT of them.

Originally posted by Butch-M:

Please ... try to understand the number 22,000,000!!! THAT's MILLION! That's a LOT of fat coyotes!!! Giving your average "Wile E Coyote" the benefit of the doubt ... let's say he finishes off the average Jose in three days. That's 66,000,000 days worth of food??? 66 million divided by 365 days in a year = 180,800 YEARS to clean up the problem ... or if your find 10,000 dogs ... it’s still an 18 year deal. Provided of course that your coyotes don’t mind eating Mexican food seven days a week ... forever. No, NO ... this ain't goin to work. Not unless you can breed coyotes the size of elephants ... and a LOT of them.

Maybe we could just till them under? tongue.gif

Say ... any of you 22,000,000 illegal criminals, taking our jobs, making a mockery of our laws, promoting a policy of civil disobedience, draining our economy and wrecking our culture ... feel free to chime in ... either a serious perspective or humor will do. And to our Mexican brothers who love and STAY in Mexico, we welcome your two cents. Come to think of it you’re probably laughing every day about the stupid American Gringos, so you should have enough material to keep us laughing to the point of tears. Yeah, I’m worried of offending them ... right. The 22 million illegals, and the patriotic citizens of Mexico, and the Mexican government aren’t particularly concerned about offending us ... are they??? No ... like our own “Baggy Pants” ... they get INDIGNANT that we’re even talking about closing our insanely porous border!

As far as Argentina goes ... like we US citizens; those people are PROUD of their country. They stay there and work to make it better ... not crawl into the US in the middle of the night to steal it’s unlimited free social services. Argentina is far more like the United States than Mexico is.

No, I’m tired of being “politically correct” and having a gag stuffed in my mouth because the liberals don’t want to “offend” some group or another. Tired of only being able to clandestinely whisper the truth and facts. Every time a person steals across our border ... they are committing a crime, breaking US law ... period. As soon as they take a job ... they ... and their employer (presumably a US citizen) ... are committing MORE crimes. It goes on and on. Like the 55mph speed limit law perpetrated during the gas shortage ... that NOBODY obeyed ... and was rarely enforced, or the 18th Amendment to the Constitution “Prohibition” of alcohol ... that NOBODY obeyed ... the whole situation erodes and breaks down the fundamental structure of our existence as a nation ... OUR LAWS. Our laws did not appear out of thin air, were not handed to Moses by God ... they were formed by “WE THE PEOPLE.”

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

So, without even beginning to address the logistical damage being done to our nation ... they are a pervasive destructive force at the core.

I understand what you’re saying ... respect what you’re saying (because you’ve raise a valid point) ... and respect your right to say it ... but I don’t feel it applies in this case. I don’t think the Islamic terrorists, nor the flood of illegals deserve the deference nor the benefits reserved for honest and honorable peoples. Criminals lose that right ... with me anyway. To those honest outfitters who may or may not be affected ... if so ... then they too are a victim of the flood of criminals ... not victims of we who are writing about it on an Internet Forum.