Carrier Comp Springs

Unobtanium

When I put mine in, I am pretty sure it measured 33". I removed it today (about 200 or so rounds later) to replace my follower with an aftermarket one. The spring now measures 32.25".

For comparison, the M1S90 spring I got from Brownells went from 39" to 34" in about half that many rounds.

Good to know! I didn't measure mine when I installed the new tube but it was a good deal longer than the OEM. I'll probably order a spare from Kip just to have around.

So.......replacing your follower?.... 2nd thoughts about 922r? :rolleyes:

Good to know! I didn't measure mine when I installed the new tube but it was a good deal longer than the OEM. I'll probably order a spare from Kip just to have around.

So.......replacing your follower?.... 2nd thoughts about 922r? :rolleyes:

No, I just liked the Brownells aluminum follower. I thought the OEM was aluminum, and was correct, but I still like the Brownells, and I think it gives me a mm more room, lol. If I am a step closer to being 922r compliant, all the better, but that was not my motivating force.

I never understood why people kept saying the M4 follower was plastic.

As for the spring every spring sets at a different rate but by no means do they just keep getting smaller and smaller. So in turn a 33" spring setting to 32" versus 39" setting to 34" doesn't mean the first one is better. Most of the factory springs have a different diameter at the ends thus a different rate so that part usually sets.