Carrying Extra Shells

movin-on

Hello all...Being new to the forum and a new Supernova 12 ga owner as well as my first shotgun...Looking for opinions on how you carry extra shells while hunting...On the gun,sling, waist pack etc....and any links you may have...Thanks

Welcome to the Forum! Great choice for your first gun. I personally carry extra shells in my right jacket pocket that are loose for those quick much needed extra shots and a box or two in my backpack. Some carry extras on the stock but I find that to be more tactical and I personally don't like the feel of anything on the butt of my gun. There are many other options but this is what works best for me.

Good Luck and Congrats on your First Gun and First Benelli!

Tyson

Bird hunting a vest with an open pouch for birds in the back. I may or may not throw a box of shells in there. Up front the vest has strong elastic loops to hold shells.

Pockets up front for drinks/snacks.

Padded shoulder on right side. Spreads the load out pretty good.

Thanks Everyone...If anyone is interested, I think I got a really good deal on the shotgun...A brand new in the box 12 ga. black Supernova...26" barrel...Got it in New Hampshire where I live for $388.55 and NH doesn't have a sales tax...Don't know if I can post the name of the gun shop here...

• 1 month later...
Bird hunting a vest with an open pouch for birds in the back. I may or may not throw a box of shells in there. Up front the vest has strong elastic loops to hold shells.

Pockets up front for drinks/snacks.

Padded shoulder on right side. Spreads the load out pretty good.

I've used the same one for close to 50 years that my Dad gave me. Still works.

Dave