SBE 2

duck_lips

If it's clean and well lubed, I wouldn't worry. Not sure I would say the same of other semi's. But then, I would not hunt with other semi shotgun. Besides, this is a Benelli forum where you have die hard Benelli users. Like any shotgun, if water gets in it and it's bellow freezing outside, you're bound to run into problems. If it's freezing, but your gun stays dry, and well lubed, you should be good to go. But you mention icy wet conditions. They don't mix well.

Edited by jonesbb630

thanks for the info. Here in utah we have all kinds of different weather during waterfowl season ranging from 80 degrees down to below zero.

And i have a remington pump right now that is constantly getting wet.Iv just always wanted a semi and the sbe seems like a very well gun.

If anybody else has any info plz hit me up i can really use it

Guest McDaddy

Simple physics:

Inertia Driven vs. Icy Cold.....Inertia Wins

Gas Operated vs. Icy Cold.....It's a draw. (Yes I know, some gas operated guns work well, it's just my opinion and no I don't want to argue with the gas guys!)

I don't personally own a SBEII but I have an M1, a Monte, and a Legacy; my two sons own SBEII's and hunted geese and cranes this morning in a 21 degree drizzle. The SBEII's performed flawlessly.

Simple physics:

Inertia Driven vs. Icy Cold.....Inertia Wins

Gas Operated vs. Icy Cold.....It's a draw. (Yes I know, some gas operated guns work well, it's just my opinion and no I don't want to argue with the gas guys!)

I don't personally own a SBEII but I have an M1, a Monte, and a Legacy; my two sons own SBEII's and hunted geese and cranes this morning in a 21 degree drizzle. The SBEII's performed flawlessly.

I agree with all McDaddy has to say..Good advice. Keep them oiled and they will perform. I do detect a little ''Texas Drawl'' in his words. Here in Wisconsin, a ''21 degree drizzle'' is a snowstorm. :D Sorry McDaddy, I couldn't resist.... Mike

I hunt in NY - Long Island... Salt water beats up everything and so does freezing cold temps. Clean your gun once your home from the blind. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT overlube your SBE... Use REM oil and use it like your f*ckin a virgin. U want to get it in there but dont want to pound it out....hahahha

I just bought my SBEII and it was jamming up on me in 20 degree weather. My friends all have the old SBE and there's all worked fine. I took it apart and cleaned it real good after the hunt and oiled it up with Hoppes elite real good and it was fine the rest of the trip. I might have been to lite on the oiling with it being brand new the 1st time.