M4 Recoil, Fixed vs Collaspible Stock?

flya727

I have a Benelli M4 with the Collaspible stock and this is the only configuration I have shot the M4. I was wondering if the there is any difference in felt recoil if the m4 has the fixed stock?

A friend of mine said the fixed stock has a recoil dampener inside the fixed stock that does give less recoil, can anyone support his claim? Any members here have shot the M4 with both stocks to compare?

Thanks as always for your input. I do know that the collasping stock is just a metal part that goes right up against the recoil spring rod.

Rick

Is this Mesa product a complete fixed stock or something you add to the Benelli stock?

Thanks,

Rick

Hi Rick,

If all goes well, the Urbino should be out soon. It's a replacement pistol grip stock with a shorter length of pull.

Here's a thread about it with some pictures from the Mesa forum

http://www.mesatactical.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=722&p=1

Later,

Hookster :)

I have shot both and can say that there is no real recoil difference between the two. Altough there is a difference in what you hear/feel since the recoil spring operation in kind of louder in the hollowed fixed stock.

Is the CS the same LOP as the standard stock when fully open? when the CS is closed all the way how much shorter is it then standard stock?

Is the CS the same LOP as the standard stock when fully open? when the CS is closed all the way how much shorter is it then standard stock?

To be honest I didn't test the two back to back so I cannot say for 100% sure. I want to say that the LOP is pretty close if not the same extended. As for when collapsed I didn't pay attention and never shouldered it either.