New Toy : )

Unobtanium

Sorry, no pix yet, I just ordered it. SIG P226 Elite Stainless in 357 SIG. As soon as I get it and put a hundred or so rounds through it, it is headed to Gray's Guns for their "Superblack" treatment, which is a QPQ process like Glock's Tennifer. Increases surface metal hardness to around 70RC and is done on everything, including the bore. Awesome stuff. Will result in a sedate, very dark, "Blued" look. Black stainless pistol :cool:

Sweet!

Merry Xmas to you !

lets see some pics ! ! ! !

Pix can be found on SIG's website. It will be 5-7 weeks before I get it back from being QPQ'ed.

Here is how it appears in OEM form. I will be changing the grips out for something slimmer and more tacticool though.

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=7&productid=169

Very nice, that will be pretty interesting looking after the color change.... willl it still look "stainlessy" or will it apear to be as though it were just blue'd...

I like your coinage of "tacticool" Mind if I use that?

I didn't create it, feel free.

Basically, it will look like a Glock slide/barrel in color.

Here is a picture of a stainless 1911 they did:

11uhziu.jpg

Edited by Unobtanium

NO, I mean when the real "SHTF"!! you know, when the LIBTARDS F#%$ sh-t up so bad like they're doing and its MADMAX time!!! stores looted,water and power shut off etc.;) or ZOMBIE time!!:D

Skeeter, better keep some black powder and nails on hand as well. If the SHTF like you are expecting you may run through those 100+ PMAGS and have to fall back to the blunderbuss or cannon. The recipe is simple...equal parts powder and nails by weight.

NO, I mean when the real "SHTF"!! you know, when the LIBTARDS F#%$ sh-t up so bad like they're doing and its MADMAX time!!! stores looted,water and power shut off etc.;) or ZOMBIE time!!:D

Most people I kill will be armed. Endless ammo supply. I don't know why people worry so much about it when they can pick up the spoils of war. As long as you are killing, you are arming yourself. When you stop killing, you are dead and won't need it anyways.

That being said, I plan on picking up 500 rounds of GDHP or so.

• 2 weeks later...
hey UNO, i just had to dig up this old thread to tell you, you werent kidding dude!! i service all the walmarts in my general area approx 50 of them. and EVERYONE of them has 357-sig ammo on the shelf!! and lots of it!!:D damn good choice there big guy!!:)

Yep. Pistol is at GGI getting trigger work/re-finishing prep done. Should ship to the finish shop Monday.