Jamming problems with super black eagle

Jeffrey Novak

Looking for some help here--

I bought a Benelli Super Black Eagle in 1998 and have consistent jamming problems. I have sent it back to Benelli twice and the problem persists. On my last duck hunt, it jammed four times in 2 days. I love the shotgun, so I bought another one 4 years ago, and it jams in exactly the same way. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for a fix that works.

Note: I disassemble, clean and lubricate after every use.

Thanks folks!

Jeffrey Novak

CA

Looking for some help here--

I bought a Benelli Super Black Eagle in 1998 and have consistent jamming problems. I have sent it back to Benelli twice and the problem persists. On my last duck hunt, it jammed four times in 2 days. I love the shotgun, so I bought another one 4 years ago, and it jams in exactly the same way. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for a fix that works.

Note: I disassemble, clean and lubricate after every use.

Thanks folks!

Jeffrey Novak

CA

Well you are going to have to be a little more specific as to how it is jamming. Does the spent round fail to eject? New round not load? New round get stuck on the carrier? Walk through what happens to cause the jam. Pictures would be golden as well.

Well you are going to have to be a little more specific as to how it is jamming. Does the spent round fail to eject? New round not load? New round get stuck on the carrier? Walk through what happens to cause the jam. Pictures would be golden as well.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I see you said "get stuck on the carrier" as one your choices. You wouldn't happen to have a cue for that would you?

jed

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I see you said "get stuck on the carrier" as one your choices. You wouldn't happen to have a cue for that would you?

jed

As I recall you were having an issue with the last round feeding. You replaced the mag spring and were getting a new trigger assembly from benelli. Is that true or did I just dream that up?

As I recall you were having an issue with the last round feeding. You replaced the mag spring and were getting a new trigger assembly from benelli. Is that true or did I just dream that up?

Yes, that's right. Neither worked. Gun still doing the same thing. I plan on changing out the carrier latch and spring next. Just making sure I didn't miss some information.

jed

jed

My SuperSport will, if dirty, on occasion, lock the bolt back with a live shell on the carrier.

My fix is:

-Pull the trigger group,

-Spray clean,

-Lube lightly,

-Reassemble.

(Back to like-new!:))

• 3 months later...
Yes, that's right. Neither worked. Gun still doing the same thing. I plan on changing out the carrier latch and spring next. Just making sure I didn't miss some information.

jed

I had a similar problem for a while this past summer. I did what you said above and have not had a problem since.

Do you shoot the gun a lot?

I had a similar problem for a while this past summer. I did what you said above and have not had a problem since.

Do you shoot the gun a lot?

I do during dove season. I don't keep track really but I'll probably shoot over 5 flats/cases of shells during the entire season. By-the-way, the carrier latch and spring cured my problem.

jed

I do during dove season. I don't keep track really but I'll probably shoot over 5 flats/cases of shells during the entire season. By-the-way, the carrier latch and spring cured my problem.

jed

You shoot over 1000 rounds during dove season? How long is your season and what's your limit per day?

You shoot over 1000 rounds during dove season? How long is your season and what's your limit per day?

I'm a bad shot! LOL..... That includes clay/skeet shooting as well. I own a couple dove fields as do my friends. We usually hunt about every other day somewhere throughout the season. I also have a sporting clay course set up on back half of my property. We usually get out the automatic throwers around that time of year and have at it. 1000 rounds is probably a very conservative number.

jed

• 5 months later...

I'm also having ejection problems. The empty case is not clearing out of the ejection port. The empty ends up perpendicular to the barrel and jams the bolt open, if I reach up and grab the empty and pull it out the bolt slams shut and the next shell will be loaded. This is the case with all different kinds of loads even 3 1/2" shells. I've tried cleaning, even had a benelli rep clean it for me, he said that should fix the problem but it did not.

My Benelli worked flawlessly for 10 years and this problem snuck up on me recently. Any suggestions?