Benelli M4.. The best combat shotgun? Vs. Saiga 12?

alfred10

Will Benelli ever make these in the USA so that they can make the 8 shot military model open to civilians? Why dont they sell the tubes as after market add ons?

I had a rem 870 and sold it. I did not like how it could jam when you short stroke it. I noticed that the mossberg doesnt have a floor plate and this allows the round to fall on the ground where as the 870 would just jam.

With that said, I currently use a mossberg 590 9 shot. I like that it has the ability to have a bayonet mounted. I think for CQB it would prevent a gun grab inside a hallway or give another option if the weapon failed.

I am looking at switching to an AK47 or an auto shotgun. I love the Benelli M4 but I dont like that it is on 4 shots.

What is the difference between the civilian and military Benelli M4? What makes this a better defense shotgun than a mossberg 590 A1.

I am also considering the Saiga. The Saiga seems to have issues with leaving shells loaded in the mags and not sure how reliable the drums are. Both benelli and Saiga cant have a bayonet mounted which is a drawl back... Why doesnt Benelli sell the 8 shot military extension? I really want one of these shotguns but cant justify one with only 4 shots.

Are the aftermarket mag tubes as reliable as the factory?

Will Benelli ever make these in the USA so that they can make the 8 shot military model open to civilians? Why dont they sell the tubes as after market add ons?

I had a rem 870 and sold it. I did not like how it could jam when you short stroke it. I noticed that the mossberg doesnt have a floor plate and this allows the round to fall on the ground where as the 870 would just jam.

With that said, I currently use a mossberg 590 9 shot. I like that it has the ability to have a bayonet mounted. I think for CQB it would prevent a gun grab inside a hallway or give another option if the weapon failed.

I am looking at switching to an AK47 or an auto shotgun. I love the Benelli M4 but I dont like that it is on 4 shots.

What is the difference between the civilian and military Benelli M4? What makes this a better defense shotgun than a mossberg 590 A1.

I am also considering the Saiga. The Saiga seems to have issues with leaving shells loaded in the mags and not sure how reliable the drums are. Both benelli and Saiga cant have a bayonet mounted which is a drawl back... Why doesnt Benelli sell the 8 shot military extension? I really want one of these shotguns but cant justify one with only 4 shots.

Are the aftermarket mag tubes as reliable as the factory?

My M4 has a 7-shot tube.

No, Benelli will never make these in the US.

The military model is a fixed MOD choke and comes with

the collapsible stock and 7-shot tube.

If you get a good tube, yes, better even. A lame tube, no.

The M4 is built a lot better than the 590A1 and is semi-auto, not pump.

Comparing the M4 to the Saiga is like comparing the AR to the AK.

`Who makes the best aftermarket tube for the M4? What are the chances they will come out with a better Benelli after I buy an M4?

I prefer auto shotguns. I was sold on a Saiga 12 until I started reading about reliability issues and handeling issues for a defensive shotgun. If they worked 100 percent like an ak of shotguns (Which I orginally thought they where) I would of gotten one. Now I am looking at the Benelli for the reliability.

What choke options are out there for the M4? I want a tight pattern with the ability to shoot all types of slugged including ones for a rifled barrel. Can I load a 3 inch for the first and 2.75 for the rest of the rounds? How many 3 inch shells will a 7 shot benelli hold?

CarrierComp Titanium magazine tubes are by far the best thing available. Chances of a better combat designed Benelli are slim. The M4 will allow you to mix dram loads like a candy cane if you wanted with no reliability issues. There are no gas system adjustments either. The system simply adapts to what it needs to operate. Excess is vented.

3" shells should fit 6 rounds if I recall in the tube. It might be 5 though.

Hi Alfred, I'm answering your question from the Single Action/Cowboy section here:

You can slip an extra round through the ejection port and place it on top of the carrier.

Your capacity with 2 3/4" shells would be 7+1+1 total=9rds

Your capacity with 3" shells would be 6+1+1 total =8rds

CarrierComp makes the best full length tube

http://www.shop.carriercomp.com/

and as an added bonus, it comes with the best mag tube spring!

You can get any choke you want CYL to FULL

Later,

Hookster :)

Is it possible to put an aftermarket folding stock other than the extremly expensive factory one? I might have to buy a Benelli to replace my 590A1 they are nice. I was allaways affraid that they wouldnt cycle heavy and light reduced recoil tactical loads.

For the time being the only collapsable stock available is the OEM Benelli one. I like the solid PG style myself. Mesa is coming out soon with a Solid PG stock soon with a shorter length of pull than the Benelli one.

Benelli inertia system guns have problems cycling light loads but the M4s ARGO system does not. It'll eat whatever you feed it

Hookster :)

There is no dedicated forend. The Surefire M80 rail system is okay, but what I found was the light obstructed my hand when mounted.

The M80 is around 225 bucks also. They're not real easy to find sometimes. The SideArmor is often on sale and typically costs around 300 shipped.

You have several options for what light to use. Consider how it will be activated before you make your choice.

Thats' doubtful, it'd cost alot to make a one off forearm just for you, i'm going to be getting the SF fore end for mine and run a X300, you can buy tape switches for them and set it up how you like. Sidesaddle makes a 6rd receiver mounted shell holder IIRC.

I would like to set it up for left hand activation. Do you think surefire will create a forearm light for it? It would be nice to just have a half rail attachment for the left side.

Who makes a shell holder for the side of the reciever?

Thats' doubtful, it'd cost alot to make a one off forearm just for you, i'm going to be getting the SF fore end for mine and run a X300, you can buy tape switches for them and set it up how you like. Sidesaddle makes a 6rd receiver mounted shell holder IIRC.

http://www.mesatactical.com/index.php?id=63

What about mesa tactical? How hard are they to mount?