SBE II Failure to Fire?

ranmcc

I have a SBE II that is less than a year old and have never had a problem with it firing until today. I let a friend use it and and after shooting a few pen raised quail it quit firing with him. I tried to get it to fire, put shells in took them out and it just wouldn't work. It was like the safety was on when it was off. When I would cycle some shells the safety would go from off to on??? After taking it apart a coule of times and putting it back together it finally started firing ok. For how long I don't know.

Does anyone know what he might could have done? I have shot about 10 boxes of shells through it total.

Thanks for any help.

I have a SBE II that is less than a year old and have never had a problem with it firing until today. I let a friend use it and and after shooting a few pen raised quail it quit firing with him. I tried to get it to fire, put shells in took them out and it just wouldn't work. It was like the safety was on when it was off. When I would cycle some shells the safety would go from off to on??? After taking it apart a coule of times and putting it back together it finally started firing ok. For how long I don't know.

Does anyone know what he might could have done? I have shot about 10 boxes of shells through it total.

Thanks for any help.

When you say like the safety was on do you mean the trigger wouldn't pull back as normal? Or just that the hammer wouldn't fall when the trigger did go back?

I would say you should pull the trigger assembly and clean out any junk inside, and test it outside the gun to see if you can get it back into the mode where it wont release the hammer when you pull the trigger.

I took everything apart and it seems to be working now. Will feel better after I shoot a half box of shells. I think the guy I let use it was probably doing something weird in cycling the shells. I have never had a problem with it firing until he got hold of it. Learned a lesson.

When you say like the safety was on do you mean the trigger wouldn't pull back as normal? Or just that the hammer wouldn't fall when the trigger did go back?

I would say you should pull the trigger assembly and clean out any junk inside, and test it outside the gun to see if you can get it back into the mode where it wont release the hammer when you pull the trigger.