Skeet with a M1 super 90 Tactical??

Scott66black

As long as the skeet range doesn't have a problem with it, it is possible. I tried shooting a round several years ago. I sucked and shooting an 18.5" cylinder barrel didn't help. I want to try it again since I'm much better at skeet than I used to be. Most skeet ranges restrict your shells to 2 3/4" #7 through #9. I don't know what choke I would recommend for an 18.5" barrel. Try the one that gives you the biggest spread first and then work down. In normal size barrels 28"-30" a lot of people shot a skeet choke.

Scott66black,

I would not go any tighter than modified choke for 00 or 000 buckshot.

Actually, I would use IC for 00 or 000 buckshot.

If you attempt to use too tight of a choke, you will "blow the pattern" due to the pellets have a higher degree of deforming which leads to pellets acting like frisbees. (Not flying in a straight line).

I would go the range with 00 and 000 buckshot and pattern your gun with IC and modified chokes against paper targets.

What may work for my gun may not be the best for your gun even if we use the same brand and model of shotgun.

Regards threeshot