Need help with SBE issues

tbrom

The swivel stud has fallen out of my SBE and needs replaced. I cant seem to find one that works, any help would be appreciated. I at times have issues loading 3 1/2 in shells into the mag. Some times they go in easy and others you have to loosen the barrel. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tim

Edited by tbrom

Sorry to hear about the swivel falling out. Try to order this part from Benelli. Check your manual for part number.

As for your loading problems, you neeed to describe to us the exact sequence of your loading technique. I have a feeling you may be doing something wrong.

Here is the way I load mine: Safety on, pointing in safe direction, open the action and load one in chamber. Pointing firearm in safe direction, depress the small black button on side of your gun to close the action. From there, you should be able to load 2 shells of whatever size you want no problems. If they don't go in easy, you most likely are doing something wrong. Give that a try and good luck.

Benelli wants to sell me the entire cap and stud. I don’t need a new end cap just the stud. I will give them a try with the part #. I have owned the gun since 1996 and never had an issue with loading it until recently. I attempt to put the shells in the mag. and they jam, I take it out and try to put it in again and it goes in easy. Other times you need to loosen the barrel. I think the mag. spring may be going. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this problem. Thanks for your help.

Sorry to hear about the swivel falling out. Try to order this part from Benelli. Check your manual for part number.

As for your loading problems, you neeed to describe to us the exact sequence of your loading technique. I have a feeling you may be doing something wrong.

Here is the way I load mine: Safety on, pointing in safe direction, open the action and load one in chamber. Pointing firearm in safe direction, depress the small black button on side of your gun to close the action. From there, you should be able to load 2 shells of whatever size you want no problems. If they don't go in easy, you most likely are doing something wrong. Give that a try and good luck.

Try to get a price with the cap, they may not be that costly.

When you take the shells out, do you cock the action? If so it may not have been cocked at first which made your loading difficult. They load better if the action is cocked; which is why I load chamber first as it forces me to cock the action.

Benelli wants to sell me the entire cap and stud. I don’t need a new end cap just the stud. I will give them a try with the part #.

I have owned the gun since 1996 and never had an issue with loading it until recently. I attempt to put the shells in the mag. and they jam, I take it out and try to put it in again and it goes in easy.

Other times you need to loosen the barrel. I think the mag. spring may be going. If the mag spring was going, I don't think it would make loading harder. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this problem. Thanks for your help.

Not trying to sound like a smart ass, I'm just saying that loading for me has always been easier if I start from the chamber. If you are already doing this, then someone else should come along shortly like Tucker and could help you better then I.

Edited by jonesbb630