One Piece Magazine Extension ?

Darksider

I'm the new owner of a M4 and decided I wanted to get the one piece magazine extension.

I got one from tacticalshotgunner.com and thanks to some information I read here I used a heat gun and got the OEM mag of no trouble.

After installing the new mag and spring I noticed there was nothing to hold the spring in except the barrel nut :confused:

Is that typical ?

Just seems strange they would not include some type of plug to hold the spring in so it would not come flying out everytime I remove the barrel :rolleyes:

The original one is threaded in I think ?.

But there are no threads inside the new one piece tube.

Do I just drive it out of the old extension ?

OK just finished reinspecting the original Faux magazine tube extension that has the spring block in it.

That thing looks to be made 1 piece with the screw on magazine extension.

It (the spring block) ain't / can't come out.... at least not in one piece.

Guess I'm wondering what others here are using to hold the spring in on one piece replacment magazine tubes?

Or did I buy from the only manufacturer who does not include a spring stop/plug :)

Edited by Darksider

The original one is threaded in I think ?.

But there are no threads inside the new one piece tube.

Do I just drive it out of the old extension ?

OK just finished reinspecting the original Faux magazine tube extension that has the spring block in it.

That thing looks to be made 1 piece with the screw on magazine extension.

It (the spring block) ain't / can't come out.... at least not in one piece.

Guess I'm wondering what others here are using to hold the spring in on one piece replacment magazine tubes?

Or did I buy from the only manufacturer who does not include a spring stop/plug :)

We are using the OEM included piece. Did you throw yours away/lose it?

Still have it ;)

I have the desert camo M4 if it makes a difference ?

The original magazine tube on my M4 is two pieces.

A little less than half way into the top piece (the half painted desert camo) is the spring stop/plug.

Not sure how other M4's are but that spring stop is made one piece with the top half and it ain't comming out :confused:

When I get home I will take some pics.

There is a C clip in the tube that holds the spring in the forward end of the tube. You need to remove it from the old tube and put it in the new one

I maybe not calling it by its correct name. But you will need a very thin pair of needle nose pliers to remove it. Look at this guys pictures, in the first picture he has a pair of pliers that are specifically for this job... damn I wish I could think of the name of that part....

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20884

hope this helps

I looked the part up at Numrich Gun Parts http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=1089340&CatID=10315&mySort=1

and mine is not like the one pictured at all. Mine is not split or does it have snap ring holes.

It is made one piece with the tube.

I did have a spare one from a Remington 870 so I tried it out and Bingo it fit perfect !!

So at least I don't have to worry about the spring flying out every time I remove the barrel now.

Strange Benelli would change the design and make it one piece ?