Nova misfiring

mudman

Bought a Nova 3 yrs ago. Been misfiring all this year on the second shot. I've heard if you hold down the trigger while pumping it the hammer will not set. Going to try that but I doubt it will work. Went to e guns. and bought new firing pin spring, firing pin as it seems these are the only parts benelli wants you to rebuild. Otherwise got a RA# but will have no back up gun and missing on a heck of a good duck hunting season, and plans to goose hunt in IL. Probably never buy another Benelli!!!

Thats the problem. I only hunt on weekends and cant really experiment much. Actually Im wondering if the sling bracket is interfering with the forearm when pumping in new shell? Going to try and better my shooting technique and bought new firing pin/spring off e guns to install. Like i said Benelli gave me RA but cant really send it in till end of season in 3 weeks. Or will have no hunting opportunities. Pain in the rear. Ive shot alot of rounds through it duck hunting and the rear pin is kinda flat going to see if the new one is better and install will post results.

whats a p350? if you are saying a nova is a pos. i fully agree. I only had the gun for 3 seasons and wont buy another benelli not even a sbe2. It has destroyed my duck hunt season and i expected excellent reliability from a pump gun...

oh ok, its like that novaking. First of all any gun can have malfunctions. That is why there are gunsmiths and actually gun parts. I have been duck hunting for 15yrs, and have a masters degree from college. I think im educated enough to know how to work a pump gun. Like i said all guns have parts ie. parts can break or wear. Sure if you store your gun in the closet and dont use it, it always works! I replaced the firing pin which was hammered flat and should fix the problem.

Edited by mudman

oh ok, its like that novaking. First of all any gun can have malfunctions. That is why there are gunsmiths and actually gun parts. I have been duck hunting for 15yrs, and have a masters degree from college. I think im educated enough to know how to work a pump gun. Like i said all guns have parts ie. parts can break or wear. Sure if you store your gun in the closet and dont use it, it always works! I replaced the firing pin which was hammered flat and should fix the problem.

This guy as a degree from College too.

th_images-1.jpg

So whats your point. My point is, you come on this forum, talk trash about guns people on this forum love, and think your hot s &^%.

Yes guns do break. And this forum is here to help people fix thoughs problems. But calling a gun a POS when when you know nothing about it (or you would have fixed it). Sounds like your problem is elseware.

Lets define know nothing about a nova shotgun. I rebuilt the bolt with new firing pin and spring. Im not a gunsmith and will not take apart the trigger group. The last time i checked you shouldn't need to be a gunsmith to use a shotgun for hunting. You know when things work its all good. When they break its all bad. I missed alot of ducks this year due to this damn shotgun if the shoe was on the other foot you would be alot more understanding. I work hard for my money and expected this benelli nova to last more than 3 seasons with problems. i have friends with remington 870s that work good for 15 years come on ...

Lets define know nothing about a nova shotgun. I rebuilt the bolt with new firing pin and spring. Im not a gunsmith and will not take apart the trigger group. The last time i checked you shouldn't need to be a gunsmith to use a shotgun for hunting. You know when things work its all good. When they break its all bad. I missed alot of ducks this year due to this damn shotgun if the shoe was on the other foot you would be alot more understanding. I work hard for my money and expected this benelli nova to last more than 3 seasons with problems. i have friends with remington 870s that work good for 15 years come on ...

I would agree that any gun should last of more than three seasons. There are hundreds of thousands of nova's out there that last longer. There's way more running than broke.

870's made 15 years old are way better than the 870's made today. My father-inlaw as a jc higgins 12 gauge that made in the 50's. Still shoots great. Why don't people don't hunt with them? Because they weight about 11 pounds and only shoot 2 3/4 inch shell.

Why did you buy a nova? Because you heard they were great shotgun. And they are. You are just one of the unlucky ones that got a bad one. They gun manufacter as them.

Went to amazon. and bought snap caps. I think they add longevity to all shotguns. I bought Azoom. Not real happy with the quality as they are just hard aluminum and hard plastic primer no spring action. But should help in future for $12 well worth it...