Benelli Supernova vs. Stoeger P350

kino7

I was just wondering your opinions on the Supernova as compared to the Stoeger P350. My heart is kind of set on the Supernova, but I recently looked at the P350 as well. The 350 is almost half the price, but is the Supernova worth the extra dollars?

On the Supernova note, the difference between the Synthetic black finish, and as compared to the Advantage MAX-4 HD camo is almost $100. Is is worth the money?

Before anyone can answer your questions, people need to know what you will be using the gun for.

If you're going to be shooting clays in the back yard, Max-4 is not required. If you want to hunt turkeys, or go tactical, a Supernova is the way to go, as you can change the stock to a Pistol Grip version.

The options are many

The gun would mainly be used for waterfowl - ducks and geese, upland game birds, and possibly some turkey down the road My only issue was that with the Max-4, the Stoeger is listed at $500 at my local store, while the Supernova being listed at about $800. Is there a large enough difference to warrant the $300, as they both shoot 2 3/4, 3, 3 1/2, and is the Max-4 worth the extra $100 for the geese and duck hunting?

The quality of the Benelli in my opinion far surpasses the Stoeger. Check on the Stoeger forums, and compare complaints and concerns with the Supernova. You may also look at the regular Nova as it's a bit cheaper than the Super. I would rather buy a used Benelli than a new Stoeger. Resale value on any Benelli would never compare with the resale of a Stoeger. That is if you can find soemone who is willing to buy a used Stoeger. You won't have problems selling a used Supernova or a Nova. As for the cammo or black, that is a personal preference. The black will do everything the cammo will do plus keep it's black clean appearance for years to come. The cammo will get scratches and nicks over the years and won't last as long as the look of the black synth. I personally like the cammo better as I own the SBE II Max4 and love it as this is my forte. Again, you would be better off buying a regular Nova as it will shoot all 2.75, 3, 3.5 also, black synth. if money is an issue and used if you can find one.

the nova is clark kent.. but the SUPERnova.. well you know the story..

my good buddies have stoegers and they havent had any problems out of em. if you get a supernova.. the comfortech is the way to go. you would be supprised at the difference. but the stoeger is a great gun but i have to be bias because i have a supernova. so ima say supernova. but its all about the MONAYYY. if you have it to spend on a supernova.. spend it. if you dont.. stoeger is a NICE gun!

the nova is clark kent.. but the SUPERnova.. well you know the story..

my good buddies have stoegers and they havent had any problems out of em. if you get a supernova.. the comfortech is the way to go. you would be supprised at the difference. but the stoeger is a great gun but i have to be bias because i have a supernova. so ima say supernova. but its all about the MONAYYY. if you have it to spend on a supernova.. spend it. if you dont.. stoeger is a NICE gun!

Supernova is a "male" extention over the nova. If you really need it, by all means.....:p

• 1 year later...
I have a super nova. I like it better then the Nova. I had my first part break on it last wk. The firing pin retaining pin head sheared off. I dont care for the design of a rubber gasket holding the pin in. I dont have a Stoeger.

Same design on the SBE 2, havent had mine long enough to state any durability claims......under 1000rds.