M4 Stock How tight?

cody6.0

If you over-tighten it the trigger group won't fit in very easily. Tighten it until it is funky to install the trigger group*, and then back off until it's not. The trigger-group will keep the stock from doing more than just shifting a little anyways. Very intelligent design.

*Please don't get stupid with it. Not saying anyone posting here would, but it just seems that a disclaimer is warrented when a tq-spec is not given.

I don't really want to go all OCD or over think this but heres what I got.

If I hand tighten it with minimal effort it stops with the PG facing up.

- To get it in position by tightening it requires a bit of force.

- To get it right by backing it off means it moves a few mm after shooting.

When I say it moves it by no means is a large amount but enough that the trigger guard isn't flush with the stock tab and it bothers me. On my SNT& M2 I always made sure the seams were lined up so is this "looseness" normal or is my OCD getting the best of me?

I don't really want to go all OCD or over think this but heres what I got.

If I hand tighten it with minimal effort it stops with the PG facing up.

- To get it in position by tightening it requires a bit of force.

- To get it right by backing it off means it moves a few mm after shooting.

When I say it moves it by no means is a large amount but enough that the trigger guard isn't flush with the stock tab and it bothers me. On my SNT& M2 I always made sure the seams were lined up so is this "looseness" normal or is my OCD getting the best of me?

Normal tolerance stacking.

*Please don't get stupid with it. Not saying anyone posting here would, but it just seems that a disclaimer is warrented when a tq-spec is not given.

When I was a machinist the standard smartass answer was: "Tighten it until the threads strip or it breaks...then back it off a quarter turn!":rolleyes:

Well I just ended up going with the damn good and tight method. Without that last turn even birdshot would boom enough to move it and I cannot deal with that. Too bad the PG stocks don't fit as well as the standard straight stocks because this wouldn't be an issue.