New M4 Question... Is it ready to go right outa the box?

M4JOHN

I Have a friend that just blessed himself with a M4, and he asked me if there is anything to do before he takes out for some practice... I initially thought , "no, should be good to go..." I took mine out and it only jammed once.... ...But then I remembered reading that someone had wrecked one because they didnt make sure it was properly lubed and such before taking out...

So I ask, for clarification and opinions on the subject, "Are new firearms ready to shoot right out of the box, or is it better to strip them and lube as if you would after using them, before taking them out?" If the latter is the case, what are some important spots to check with the M4 specifically.

thanks for the info in advace!

Happy newyear to everyone here!

I Have a friend that just blessed himself with a M4, and he asked me if there is anything to do before he takes out for some practice... I initially thought , "no, should be good to go..." I took mine out and it only jammed once.... ...But then I remembered reading that someone had wrecked one because they didnt make sure it was properly lubed and such before taking out...

So I ask, for clarification and opinions on the subject, "Are new firearms ready to shoot right out of the box, or is it better to strip them and lube as if you would after using them, before taking them out?" If the latter is the case, what are some important spots to check with the M4 specifically.

thanks for the info in advace!

Happy newyear to everyone here!

Hey John,

I'd lube it up first, especially the rails inside the receiver that the BCG rides on, the tail section of the BCG and the bolt head but not the face/locking lug area.

later,

Hookster :)

All good advice, thanks Hookster and Tactical1

I guess thats pretty common sense, I guess I put too much faith in some one else doing Q/A on such a device. from now on, anyting i buy that is new, Ill tear down and put it back together "correctly" and clean. Ill let my friend know what he should do, and thanks again !

Cheers