SBEII Mis-firing

flingineels

I hunt a pit blind 3 days week. I've had my SBEII for 2 seasons and yesterday a had 3 or 4 mis-fires. It happened with all different types of shells, new, old, BlackCloud and Winchester. I clean my gun after every hunt due to the amount of rain and snow we've had. Not to mention the dust and dirt of being underground. I was about to take apart the bolt/pin yesterday but hesitated to do so, as I can't find a schematic online..... Any help? Thanks.

I hunt a pit blind 3 days week. I've had my SBEII for 2 seasons and yesterday a had 3 or 4 mis-fires. It happened with all different types of shells, new, old, BlackCloud and Winchester. I clean my gun after every hunt due to the amount of rain and snow we've had. Not to mention the dust and dirt of being underground. I was about to take apart the bolt/pin yesterday but hesitated to do so, as I can't find a schematic online..... Any help? Thanks.

I don't have SBEII, but I do have the M2. I think the bolt is the same. Your manual should give you pretty good instructions on how to take the bolt and firing pin apart. IF not, the Benelli website has manuals you can download.

If you've never cleaned the firing pin and spring, that may be your problem. Explain a little more what it's doing on the misfire.

jed

Glad to help!

You may also want to tear down the stock and remove and clean the recoil spring assembly.

It's not covered in my guide, but it has been discussed here many times.

Make sure that the hole in the bolt that the firing pin goes through is thoroughly cleaned.

A buildup of dirt in there can cause the firing pin to not strike the primers fully or with ample force for ignition.

Also, if you're hunting in sub-freezing temps, use a quality synthetic lube that will not gum up in colder temps.

I like Hoppes Elite, but there are other good ones.

Most here advise against using Rem-oil on anything other perhaps squeaky door hinges.

• 2 weeks later...

I was interested in cleaning the stock spring but was unable to figure out how to disassemble it. Anyone know of a hread that provides directions? I was in the blind today and my M1 90 would only fire one round and would not cycle the second round. Very upsetting for it to happen in the blind.