M4 Magazine Follower

taylaboy

Hi Gents,

I was just wondering if anyone had any aftermarket suggestions for a new Magazine Follower? I remember seeing one online last month that was not the factory plastic version that was pretty inexpensive, but cannot remember where. I thought it was Daves Metal Works but I cant find it on his site. Thanks as always

Hi Gents,

I was just wondering if anyone had any aftermarket suggestions for a new Magazine Follower? I remember seeing one online last month that was not the factory plastic version that was pretty inexpensive, but cannot remember where. I thought it was Daves Metal Works but I cant find it on his site. Thanks as always

Here's what a lot of us use

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=44592/pid=20384/sku/Benelli_Follower__Alum__Red__12_3__Ga_

Later,

Hookster :)

Edited by Hookster

Hey Taylaboy!

All well at this end. I've been a little slow on doing much as far as mods to the SOCOM as of yet. But I did pic up some stuff from Sadlak ( cleaning drill set, gas cylinder wrench, etc.) the Aimpoint ML 3 is nice but I'm not liking it on there as much as I thought I would. I'm thinking of getting a Trijicon RMR to try out on the front rail (I'm also interested in seeing how the RMR would work out on my M4) I'm also hoping to expand my 7.62 options this year.

Looking at LWRC REPR and the LMT MRP 7.62

LMT762MRP1.jpg

later bro,

Hookster--Why the aluminum over the SS? Function? Weight? Have you tried the SS?

Hey WS,

I haven't tried the SS follower. I purchased the Brownells red aluminum follower based on StrangerDanger's recommendation. He had put a lot of rounds though his without incident so that was good enough for me to try one out. I'm happy with it and have had no problems.

Take Care,

I now have two red aluminum ones. I couldn't think of any reason why to go with the stainless. I doubt there is even much of a weight difference honestly.

They both cost the same.

My guess for the aluminum is for your preference in anodized colors. I went with red thinking it would be the easiest to see. None of the color has worn off over the past year.

They are much better made than the factory follower.

Now that is a seriously nice Rifle. Let me know if you pick it up.

I had a problem with my Scout and had to send it back to SA last month. They replaced the Barrel, Extractor and fixed the head spacing. Long story but I should have it back in a couple days. I just picked up a Smith Enterprise B**** System, and am on a new quest for a hooded front sight with a thin FSP. Let me know if you have any suggestions, because this is proving to be a challenge.

My M4 is also almost complete. I just ordered the New Follower, a Folding front pistol grip (only for use out of cali of course, heh) and an aimpoint Micro T-1 for it. When I slap everything on and take her out, I will post some pics. I cant wait to put some rounds thru her when it all gets here!! Later!

Hookster and StrangerDanger--Thanks for the information and link. While I haven't had any problems with the stock follower in my SBEII, these look like a higher-quality improvement. I used the link to order one of the SS followers. I'll see how it works out after it's installed and post a warning if there are any problems.

Hey Taylaboy!

All well at this end. I've been a little slow on doing much as far as mods to the SOCOM as of yet. But I did pic up some stuff from Sadlak ( cleaning drill set, gas cylinder wrench, etc.) the Aimpoint ML 3 is nice but I'm not liking it on there as much as I thought I would. I'm thinking of getting a Trijicon RMR to try out on the front rail (I'm also interested in seeing how the RMR would work out on my M4) I'm also hoping to expand my 7.62 options this year.

Looking at LWRC REPR and the LMT MRP 7.62

LMT762MRP1.jpg

later bro,

Hookster, I was just at Rifle Gear ( in Costa Mesa) and they have one on sale.... 3700.... COUGH COUGH COUGH

this thing is gorgeous!

Too much for my blood.... My BRD prohibits me from having that much denerro all at once in one place.... Looking to put together a DMPS or CMMG .308 instead.... for about 1700 less... but you do get what you pay for....

Nice eye on the REPR~!