Super Nova - Nova

Stevesdl

Hi All,

Getting ready to purchase a Super Nova 12 gauge but noticed that the Nova is about $100.00 cheaper. It appears that one is paying the extra $100.00 mostly for the recoil suppression characteristics.

If this is true or mostly true, is the recoil suppression that good or might it be better to p[urchase the Nova and get a "Limbsaver or Kick-eez" recoil pad.

Thank you ahead of time

Stevesdl

Depends what your gonna do with it? If your a hunter and would like to use 3.5 inch loads get the supernova because the nova will only accept up to 3 inch shells. Its 80 difference in my area so I would get the supernova.Just my 2 cents

wrong!!! The nova will handle 3 1/2 shell.

Hi All,

Getting ready to purchase a Super Nova 12 gauge but noticed that the Nova is about $100.00 cheaper. It appears that one is paying the extra $100.00 mostly for the recoil suppression characteristics.

If this is true or mostly true, is the recoil suppression that good or might it be better to p[urchase the Nova and get a "Limbsaver or Kick-eez" recoil pad.

Thank you ahead of time

Stevesdl

You are 100% correct.

Don't buy the super nova for the comfortech the rubber used on the super nova is rock hard. On the M2 how ever it is nice and soft. The only advantage to the super nova I can see is the shim kit and the roomier trigger guard. The super nova also looks a little better. I can't say if its worth the extra money because that's an opinion and mine is that it's not.

Don't buy the super nova for the comfortech the rubber used on the super nova is rock hard. On the M2 how ever it is nice and soft. The only advantage to the super nova I can see is the shim kit and the roomier trigger guard. The super nova also looks a little better. I can't say if its worth the extra money because that's an opinion and mine is that it's not.

But he indicated he wanted to be able to shoot 3.5" in a previous post me thinks'...:cool: