bENELLI M-2

REDNECKDUCKMAN

Recently purchased M-2. Love the way that the gun feels. Been using a "Patternmaster-extended range" choke tube and killing birds at ranges that amaze me. Why is the full choke tube that came with the new M-2 marked "not for steel shot"? Surely it is not the constriction. REDNECKDUCKMAN

Congrats on the new M2 I have had nothing but good things to say about mine. A full choke not made for steel shot will most likely expand and the choke will be stuck in the barrel. I don't fully understand why this is but I am guessing it has something to do with the fact that steel patterns a choke size tighter than lead. Hope this helps.

Guest McDaddy

If you want a full choke pattern for steel, run the modified tube or you not only have a possibly stuck tube but also a flared barrel. There are tube makers that have full steel chokes you can buy.