Drop & Comb????

batbag12

Hey all,

I just picked up my new Vinci today after shooting a Nova for 8 years... I took it out and put around 100 rounds through it without a hiccup (after the arduous step of pulling the gun apart piece by piece getting rid of all the packing grease.... A step I feel a lot of people miss).... I was very excited.

Now my question. I want to lower the comb on the gun because the stock was giving me a pretty good smack on the cheek and POI was just a little too high for me. I have all the little adjusters here in front of me and I'll be damned if I know which one to put in. I read the manual and that didn't tell me anything. I have Z, A, and C here in front of me.... B is in the gun. I want to lower it just a bit so which one should I try?

Now my question. I want to lower the comb on the gun because the stock was giving me a pretty good smack on the cheek and POI was just a little too high for me. I have all the little adjusters here in front of me and I'll be damned if I know which one to put in. I read the manual and that didn't tell me anything. I have Z, A, and C here in front of me.... B is in the gun. I want to lower it just a bit so which one should I try?

In the manual there should be a drop change schedule that tells how how much the drop is with each shim. I dont have a vinci or the vinci manual but I'm assuming its pretty similar to the M2 change and I'm pretty sure that it goes alphabetically. Meaning A has the least and Z has the most drop. So I would put in a C and see if it fits/shoots the way you want and move further if it doesnt.