Magazine tube extension question

AmicusCuriae

Hello all,

I am looking for a magazine tube extension for my Benelli Supernova tactical (18.5" barrel). I am first and foremost looking for an extension that will be 100% reliable and won't have any issues with cycling or staying attached to the magazine tube. I also want an extension that won't stick out past the end of the barrel beyond 1/4" or so, and I want maximum capacity.

I have looked at some of the options out there (Tac-Star, Nordic, Choate, etc.) and can't seem to find one that is exactly what I am looking for. It sounds like the Nordic extension is the most reliable, but is only +2 while the other ones seem to be hit or miss with reliablity but have the +3 capacity I would prefer.

What do you recommend and why?

Thanks,

AmicusCuriae

In my opinion none of the after market tubes look and perform like the Benelli ones but I'm OCD when it comes to stuff like that too. I prefer a nice uniform look and no names splattered on things which is another reason the Benelli ones are a plus also.

As for the Nordic tube I would love to see why it is only a +2 when the short Benelli tube adds +2 and the long adds +3.

Guest Snipe656

Briley makes one and I have it on mine and had zero issues with it. I do not see the shorter one listed on their site though, I bought it in person and recall it was not the cheapest of things. It comes with a replacement spring but not sure if it has to be trimmed because I ended up getting them to install it for me due to me being lazy.

http://www.briley.com/benellisupernova.aspx

The one I have has the dual rails on it, my idea was to put a light on it but I never have gotten around to that.

After much consideration, I went with the Nordic +2 tube which I installed yesterday evening. I am happy to report that I can actually fit seven 2 3/4" shells into my magazine tube! It cycled 100% of the time when I tested it last night and I am going to take it to the range today to see how it performs.

Thanks for all your help,

AmicusCuriae

Took the Benelli to the range today and both the shotgun and extension worked perfectly. I am used to shooting traditional stock (non-pistol grip) shotguns and absolutely love the added control the pistol grip gives me.

Hi Amicus,

Did Nordic get rid of the large white logo on the side? I'd heard that they did. I think a lot of people didn't like it.

Latert,

Hookster :)

Mine did not have the large white logo on the side, and actually doesn't have a logo on it anywhere. IMO it looks very nice; it is about the same black color as the rest of the Super Nova metal parts, but is a little lighter in color and not quite as shiny.

Regards,

AmicusCuriae

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Perhaps this is obvious, but I'm missing it where one can get an official Benelli extention tube for the supernova or others. I've looked all around the parts site they have here and I can't find anything like it. I see a lot of people going with 3rd party ones, almost as if Benelli doesn't make their own anymore.

For your gun, Id go with the Nordic +2 extension. I have one and love it. Its a great design in that it is 3 individual pieces, thus allowing for easier replacement/maintenance. I have tried others which were a bit longer, but they were generally too heavy and not up to par when compared to the quality of Nordic Components. If you want quality with minimal weight, well...you know my recommendation.

You have a short barrel. Therefore, your choices will be limited in terms of mag tube extension sizes (behind the muzzle). Get used to it.

• 7 years later...