SuperNova Mods- shorten stock, add Red dot

Dntama

Here are some recent mods I did to my SuperNova. I shortened the LOP to 12 inches. I then filled the stock with Marine-Tex and used some screw inserts to reattach a limbsaver pad to the stock.

IMG_1478.jpg

Finally I used a dremel to modify a Burris Speed Bead to allow use with the pistol grip stock. This allows me a red dot sight that will co-wittness with the GR sights. I previously tried a Pic/wever rail in front of the GR rear sight but this did not allow a co-witness. I really like my SuperNova now.

IMG_1480.jpg

Edited by Dntama

Here are some recent mods I did to my SuperNova. I shortened the LOP to 12 inches. I then filled the stock with Marine-Tex and used some screw inserts to reattach a limbsaver pad to the stock.

Finally I used a dremel to modify a Burris Speed Bead to allow use with the pistol grip stock. This allows me a red dot sight that will co-wittness with the GR sights. I previously tried a Pic/wever rail in front of the GR rear sight but this did not allow a co-witness. I really like my SuperNova now.

Nice Job Dntama,!! It looks great :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just finished this project on my SNT. Knocked two inches off LOP, it makes a world of difference. I used a Dremel to cut the stock. Get the small size Limbsaver and grind to fit. There is another post on this site which covers the project in greater detail.

I think it's well worth the effort.

I'll try to post pictures later.

• 2 weeks later...
I just finished this project on my SNT. Knocked two inches off LOP, it makes a world of difference. I used a Dremel to cut the stock. Get the small size Limbsaver and grind to fit. There is another post on this site which covers the project in greater detail.

I think it's well worth the effort.

I'll try to post pictures later.

Pics? time and price?

• 2 weeks later...

Total actual labor was about two hours. This obviously doesn't count curing time for the Marinetex. More time was spent researching it. Like most projects of this type, the first one always takes longer.

Cost depends on where you make the purcase. Discount price from Brownells was $31.47 for the Limbsaver and $28.05 for the Marinetex.

Sorry, I haven't been able to post pictures, maybe I don't have enough posts.

As I said, for me the project was well worth the effort.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Nice job.. I've been thinking of selling my Nova Tactical because the LOP is to long for me. Now I'm tempted to keep it and shorten it. I've always wanted to add a Mesa Tactical side saddle, drill the reciever for the rail and add a red dot.

• 1 month later...