Please Help! Having problems with mag ext.

Willygee2 1911lover

I have a Benelli Nova 12g with a +2 mag ext. on it.

Only five 2 3/4 inch rounds will fit in the mag tube and ext.

I was told that the much longer mag spring was used. The one that came with the extension.

If I remember right , the mag, spring that came with the extension was not perfect, or had

kind of a kink in it,

Should the original spring be used? Or can it be used or will it not be strong enough?

Oh yeah the gun is 18 or 18 1/2 inches long.

Thank you in advance

I'd just stick the shorter original spring in and cycle some rounds through to see if it allows you to get another round in and functions ok. If you establish that the length of the spring is the problem, you could trim down the longer spring half a coil or one coil at a time till it leaves you with the longest spring that allows the final round in.

Keep in mind different brands of shells can vary by a little which adds up when you times that by however many rounds are in the tube

Later,

Hookster :)

I'd just stick the shorter original spring in and cycle some rounds through to see if it allows you to get another round in and functions ok. If you establish that the length of the spring is the problem, you could trim down the longer spring half a coil or one coil at a time till it leaves you with the longest spring that allows the final round in.

Keep in mind different brands of shells can vary by a little which adds up when you times that by however many rounds are in the tube

Later,

Hookster :)

Hookster you are a gentleman and a scholar, Thank you I will give it

a try.

Is this a Benelli extension and spring?

I have used both the short +2 and long +3 extensions on my Supernova tacticals in combination with the very long spring they include. Well I guess the short tube didn't include a spring but I added a M1 full length spring.

You can use the factory spring but it will hang up a round once and a while even a M2T spring will have issues after it sets. I suggest buying a M4 or M1 full length spring. Either are a ***** to get in but work flawlessly.

Sorry, but I have to ask the obvious Homer Simpson "Doh" question: Did you remember to remove the snap ring from the stock tube and move it to the extension? I know some people don't bother re-installing it in the extension tube but if you leave it in...you ain't extended nuthin!

Sorry, but I have to ask the obvious Homer Simpson "Doh" question: Did you remember to remove the snap ring from the stock tube and move it to the extension? I know some people don't bother re-installing it in the extension tube but if you leave it in...you ain't extended nuthin!

But then it would only hold 4.

This problem happened to me also. What I found was that screwing down the extension pinches a coil of the spring in the threads. If you load a few shells then loosen the mag extension the spring coil will snap free. Load up a few more then tighten the extension back down.