Cleaing New SBEII - Packaging Grease

Paolo

I've heard many mention about cleaning the semi-auto's really well once you take them out of the box. The manufacturing grease is thick and needs to be cleaned. What is the proper way to clean it....should I just get a cloth and wipe down the action? Do I need to disassemble the action fully (firing pin, etc.)?

Thanks!

Paul

I'f you're comforatble doing so, I recommend a full disassembly, but the bulk of the paking grease is on the externals, so it's not absolutely necessary.

I like Hoppes Elite Gun Cleaner for cleaning and conditioning in one step. It also leaves a beautiful finish on black synthetics when applied lightly and buffed out.

[ 09-05-2005, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

Originally posted by Paolo:

I've heard many mention about cleaning the semi-auto's really well once you take them out of the box. The manufacturing grease is thick and needs to be cleaned. What is the proper way to clean it....should I just get a cloth and wipe down the action? Do I need to disassemble the action fully (firing pin, etc.)?

Thanks!

Paul

:D I would take the weapon apart and this way you are familar with it. I would clean up that packing greese and clean the bolt, ect.... then put a protective coating such as Mpro 7 the clp it works great. I use this as primarily a lube and use the Mpro 7 cleaner for the build up and carbon. This stuff is bio friendly and will not harm your blued weapon.