USA Made M4 Gas Piston Prototype

panabax

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont care what any of them say PANABAX!!! you're doing a great job and I for one have supported you from the get go!!:D now wheres my pistons???:p.....
""buyer beware;;;''''you''ll care when it snaps and you and your m4 are all messed up,,and if your able you''ll come here crying,,think about that numb nuts,,you run half cocked draggin all these other lambs to the slaughter,,

""buyer beware;;;''''you''ll care when it snaps and you and your m4 are all messed up,,and if your able you''ll come here crying,,think about that numb nuts,,you run half cocked draggin all these other lambs to the slaughter,,

Are you just pulling his leg, or serious? Sometimes with a few of you guys its not always easy to tell.

Are you just pulling his leg, or serious? Sometimes with a few of you guys its not always easy to tell.
your dealing with an ultra critical part that some who knows who is gonna make from some unknown Quality control place,the proven factory versus some rent a center garage,,its your life

Um, last time i checked EVERYONE here is an ADULT therefore can make their own decisions.;) and as far as the gun messing up, if it does due to the newly aquired pistons ill put the original pistons back in it or just buy a new gun!! and what DANGER can there possibly be????? oh, wow the gun dont work!! they are just pistons that go back and forth!! ooooh, i bought some pistons a guy made, they either work or they dont. there's NOOOOO need to try and scare everyone to death!!!!!!!!

Edited by texas skeeter

pretty narrow minded that if it breaks the gun,,ooohhhh just buy another one..you'll be lucky if its just the gun,,I heard someone say,,oohhhh we are adults now,,,wake up,,

seriously M, please elaborate on what could be dangerous with the piston not working. cause if it stopped, the gas would still escape therefore no pressure and if it didnt come all the way back, oh wow the bolt didnt cycle only meaning the gun wouldnt fire. i do want U.S. made pistons to make my gun truely legal with my c-stock. not to mention the 3 guys i know making them are testing the sh-t out of them and wouldnt sell them if they didnt work in their own gun. you make it seem like using pistons other than the manufacturers are gonna make the gun blow-up.:rolleyes:

then why do you need pistons if you already have them,,scared,paranoid,,what???????????

this was truely a stupid question. if i had a chance to make my gun legal or just keep taking it to the range illegally, it only seems logical one would choose Uh LEGAL!!;) i like my collapsible stock, and will take a chance on new pistons. cause i can afford to. you are the one whom seems narrow minded especially when its someone else trying the new pistons.

Edited by texas skeeter

this was truely a stupid question. if i had a chance to make my gun legal or just keep taking it to the range illegally, it only seems logical one would choose Uh LEGAL!!;) i like my collapsible stock, and will take a chance on new pistons. cause i can afford to. you are the one whom seems narrow minded especially when its someone else trying the new pistons.

swap a stock,,add scope okay,etc,when you start dealing with the action,,better be Careful,,this silly 922 stuff is such a joke and others are making money on you,,reread my previous replys also,,,use your common sense not your wallot,,or your emotions,,this is my final warning.''BUYER BEWARE''

• 1 month later...

What force vector caused that fracture?

Was it a bending force? Or did it get stepped on while out of the shotgun for cleaning?;)

I've been using Made-in-USA pistons in my FALs. It's an axial load and they're handing in there, so not sure why not in the M4.

I'm guessing the notches in the "rings" are for the magnum loads?

Thanks for providing an option for those of us who don't want our name on the legal "test case".

C97

What force vector caused that fracture?

Was it a bending force? Or did it get stepped on while out of the shotgun for cleaning?

I've been using Made-in-USA pistons in my FALs. It's an axial load and they're handing in there, so not sure why not in the M4.

I'm guessing the notches in the "rings" are for the magnum loads?

Thanks for providing an option for those of us who don't want our name on the legal "test case".

C97

The piston failed within 50 rounds on a brand new 11703 which had the 4 port barrel. Even though the piston has a straight blow back design that is partially cushioned by the bolt carrier, the pistons bottom out against the stops on the barrel. These stops only impact on one side of the piston. If we could watch the action of the piston in slow motion, my assumption is that the piston reverberates after bottoming out. Signs of this can be seen in the wear patterns inside the receiver.

Primary blame would probably lie with the heat treatment. From the piston photo, you can see how rough and brittle it appears to be. There appear to be fractures all along the shaft of the piston.

3591793548_673c5d011f.jpg

3590986139_0e8aa118c6.jpg

After the piston was replaced, I fed the same barrel 10,000 rounds of a similar diet of ammunition until it beat my bolt carrier like an Irish wife and deformed the guide rails to the point that the bolt carrier would bind when retracted to the rear of the receiver. They did a great job on the piston. If it can handle that and not snap in these conditions, a properly heat treated unit should last nearly forever.

I cried to Benelli USA, and they replaced my barrel with an 11707 2 port unit, bolt carrier group, handguards, ARGO system, pistons, Choke and front Sling mount...

I tried to get them to simply replace the entire weapon in hopes to get an 11707 receiver, but they declined. Either way, I was happy with the work they did.