Problem w/SBE II sticking shells??

DUST

I have a SBE II that is 4 years old and I have been having a problem with it sticking shells when they come out of the feed tube to go into the chamber. They get about half way out and stick and that causes the action to stick open. So when i come up to shoot a bunch of ducks or geese I will only get 1 shot or sometimes 2. Doesnt always happen just occasionally. But thats is still to many times for me. I just put a new Sure Cycle Mag. tube spring in it. My 2 brother have the same guns but theres are 2 and 3 years old and they also do it. It will do it with a bunch of different shells to. From Winchester 3in. to Kent 3.5's. Like I said it doesnt always do it. But even if it does it 1 everytime I go waterfowl hunting, that is to many times.

We regularly clean them so its not a dirty problem.

Anyone have the same problem or can help me with it?

Thanks for any help!!! Love the shotgun, this is the only problem it has. Would be the greatest shotgun ever for us if we could just get this problem fixed.

Edited by DUST

I have a SBE II that is 4 years old and I have been having a problem with it sticking shells when they come out of the feed tube to go into the chamber. They get about half way out and stick and that causes the action to stick open. So when i come up to shoot a bunch of ducks or geese I will only get 1 shot or sometimes 2. Doesnt always happen just occasionally. But thats is still to many times for me. I just put a new Sure Cycle Mag. tube spring in it. My 2 brother have the same guns but theres are 2 and 3 years old and they also do it. It will do it with a bunch of different shells to. From Winchester 3in. to Kent 3.5's. Like I said it doesnt always do it. But even if it does it 1 everytime I go waterfowl hunting, that is to many times.

We regularly clean them so its not a dirty problem.

Anyone have the same problem or can help me with it?

Thanks for any help!!! Love the shotgun, this is the only problem it has. Would be the greatest shotgun ever for us if we could just get this problem fixed.

If your gun is clean (including recoil spring), then my suggestion would be replace carrier latch and spring. That fixed my problem. Not sure it will fix yours. Do a search under my user name and you can see what I did to fix mine. My problem was like you described.

jed

Lol, I don't know what a slammer is. I'd guess it's a stronger spring.... mag. or recoil? If it's recoil then it could be too stiff. And the old one could have been gummy or sticky causing the same effect. If it's a stiffer mag. spring I don't see it causing your problem unless it's putting too much tension on the end of your carrier latch, not letting it move.

• 9 years later...