Issues with Nova Opperation again

the supernuge

I have a 3 1/2 Nova which is starting to give me some trouble. What I can only describe as feeding and loading issues are plaguing me. I bought this gun for one reason and one reason alone. This is my waterfowl gun. I expect it to get wet, dirty, muddy (within reason) and it still perform.

This season I have had several situations where upon trying to fire a follow up shot I get a "misfire." Let me qualify this. The follow up shell is racked, seated and the trigger pulled. The shell does not fire. As with any "fault condition" I eject the "bad" shell as I would with any firearm upon malfuction. The next and third shell is then racked and seated. It fires fine.

As I examine the second "misfire" shell I see that it had not been struck by the firing pin. If the shell is clean, I will use it again with no ill effects.

That is issue #1

Issue #2 is even more recent. Upon loading three rounds and racking the first round I pulled up to fire. Nothing. It was as if the safety was on. The bird passed, I tried to clear the condition. I brought the shell back with the slide and rammed it home again. This time it fired.

My question(s) is this:

Am I doing something wrong or do I need it repaired?

Can a Benelli be made to slide upon fire like an 870 or not?

Thanks in advance,

The Nuge

if you are saying a nova is a pos. i fully agree.

Some people come on here and think there hot s &^% and don't come on here to ask questions. They know what they are going to say.

Some people come on here, ask the right questions, and get there gun fixed.

Supernuge,

Welcome to the Forum. From what I'm reading, are you holding down the trigger inbetween shots? Have you had the firing pin out of the bolt and cleaned it?

Novakink,

I don't think I am. I have never had this issue with an 870. Can you do that on an 870 and get away with it?

I can tell you I have cleaned the firing pin well. I did notice that the little pinstop that holds it in place has a small rubber washer. That washer is damaged on one side. I don't think that would matter but worth mentioning.

Thanks in advance,

Dont try to get help here. Look at my posts about the same problems i have with my Nova. Most people here just use the site for derrogatory comments and general bull.... Im sending mine back after duck season to Benelli for repairs.

There is more Benelli info here than all other forums put together x2.

The only way you won't get an answer here is if the person who knows isn't logged in or you step on toes in your first post.

Novakink,

I don't think I am. I have never had this issue with an 870. Can you do that on an 870 and get away with it?

I can tell you I have cleaned the firing pin well. I did notice that the little pinstop that holds it in place has a small rubber washer. That washer is damaged on one side. I don't think that would matter but worth mentioning.

Thanks in advance,

I still don't know what that washer does. I haven't had mine on in years. The gun isn't resetting. You not short stroking it are you?

I don't think it's me. I have been using a pump for almost 30 years and this gun for over two. Is there a known condition that would cause malfunction after a few years etc?

Not that I'm aware of. Just in the last month there has been a few people on here with problems with there new supernovas. Other than that. You would have a hard time finding anything. Have you called Benelli?