M4 on the way

rmlm4

my m4 will be arriving in about 2 weeks. is there anything i should be on the lookout for in terms of possible defects? thanks!

Hi rmlm4 and Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new aquisition!

All you should need to do is:

#1 lube

#2 load

#3 enjoy

If you do end up with any questions, there's a wealth of knowledge around here.

Take Care,

Hookster :)

my m4 will be arriving in about 2 weeks. is there anything i should be on the lookout for in terms of possible defects? thanks!

Make sure the front-sight is not canted by laying the SG upside down on a granite countertop or something.

Buy Kip's Ti mag-tube and spring.

Buy a collapsible stock for $600 or so while the market is at a low.

hm i guess its due to my bad english that i don't get it at once.

is the WHOLE front side, including the protecting wings, turned to one side, or just the front dot?

IIRC it was his whole sight canted at an angle. When it was set upside down on a flat surface resting on both the rear and front sight wings, one of the front wings did not touch the flat surface. I believe Benelli CS took care of the problem for him.

Hookster

IIRC it was his whole sight canted at an angle. When it was set upside down on a flat surface resting on both the rear and front sight wings, one of the front wings did not touch the flat surface. I believe Benelli CS took care of the problem for him.

Hookster

Correct on all counts. Benelli CS is awesome.

hey thanks! will check out the front sights and lube it properly. when you say mag-tube, you mean the mag extension? what's the spring for?

by the way, mine comes with the retractable stock already.

He was referring to a full length titanium mag tube from Carriercomp.

http://www.shop.carriercomp.com/main.sc;jsessionid=D41D28F15289C650DFEFD02F12CF0597.qscstrfrnt01

just be aware of 922r if you want to make make this modification! Especially since you have a collapsable stock.

Hookster :)

You might wanna disassemble and give a thorough cleaning before any shooting. The little bag of silica sand type moisture absorber was leaking in the box before i got mine and got into the piston tubes. The gun shop guy didnt say anything but i found the broken bag and a few grains of beach sand in the case it when i got home upon disassembly. Enjoy.