Finished M4 and "family pix"

taylaboy

ha. I get a lot of guff from my friends about my rifle and living in a high rise. However, none of them own, or have ever excercised their constitutional rights. I am pretty proud of my Scout Squad. I have been building this up for a few months (Wrong forum I know) But Hookster Will love it!P1160575.jpg

P1160592.jpg

ha. I get a lot of guff from my friends about my rifle and living in a high rise. However, none of them own, or have ever excercised their constitutional rights. I am pretty proud of my Scout Squad. I have been building this up for a few months (Wrong forum I know) But Hookster Will love it!P1160575.jpg

P1160592.jpg

Thats a real mans black rifle!!! Love it.

These are the Mods so far on the Scout:

Smith Enterprise Folding Sled B**** System W/ Fulton Armory Bottom Rail Mount (Drilled into Stock)

Tech Sights AR Style Adjustable Front Sight Mount W/ DPMS Front Sight Post (.034)

Sadlak Extended Magazine Release

Smith Enterprise Extended Bolt Stop/Release

DWP Adjustable Cheek Riser

Sadlak TiN Coated Gas Piston

Sadlak NM Operating Rod

Smith E. Non Corrosive Gas Plug

Shimmed Gas System

Dave Tubb's High Performance Operating Rod & Hammer Springs

Gonna put a Sadlak titanium scope mount on the receiver at some point and a Mark 4 Scope when I am bored with the Irons. I also intend to get the trigger group "tweeked"

My biggest fear was obviously drilling directly into the Cleaning Kit Chamber, but it was alright. The directions are okay and I didnt have any probs. You measure 3/4 inch from the buttstock towards the receiver and then set the pad onto the stock to your personal cheek weld. Then you mark all 4 slots at the very top, then pull the Riser off and go in with a 1/8 drill bit halfway on both sides, just to make sure you are in line. Once you see the wood dust coming out the other side, you just go in with your 1/4 inch bit and finish it up. I didnt have any problems, and was relieved it was so simple. You have a Fiberglass stock though dont you? I still think you would be alright......I like it better than the padded ones. It's just a personal preferance though

Oh no........they absolutely go ABOVE the chamber. Otherwise,I wouldnt do that to my rifle. Servicability is paramount to me. One thing I did just to be sure was marked the top chamber height on the outside of the buttstock...then used a square and some chalk on both sides so I knew how much room I had above it. You actually have plenty. The Screws are mounted at the very top of the slots on the cheek riser, so you should be perfectly fine.

I would never destroy a perfectly good stock like that :)

However, I had my work cut out for me with the Fulton Armory Front Swivel Rail. I had to drill out the heads on the rivets to get the old sling swivel off. Then I had to grind down the stock behind it so I could fit the rail on there and sand it down. I wasnt prepared to go that far but had too. Then I put a couple fresh coats of sealant and stain over the sanded area, then bolted that sucker down and it aint going nowhere.

One thing I would suggest is looking at Karstans versions. Apparently DWP ripped off his design anyways. He has some with "Lighter" knobs. The DWP are heavy as crap and I am eventually going to have to swap them out with something lighter. My weapon with an empty mag inserted is a little over 12lbs right now so I want to ligthen it up anyway i can.

Get yourself a cheek riser bro!!!