KZ Rail or B&T Rail?

needncash

Hello,

I am a new member but have owned my M4 for a little over a year. The only modification has been the addition of the OEM +2 mag extension because I am reluctant to change anything on a firearm until it has been severly tried and tested in factory trim. 500+ rounds later I am ready to add a rail system for the addition of my VFG and Surefire M952XM07 that is currently on the AR.

Anyway, I tried the FAB and Surefire rail before I became a member a few days ago. The initial fitment issues on both were enough to deter me at first but i test fired both. They both sucked, enough said. That leads me to ask other m4 owners that already own the KZ or B&T what they think. I know people complain about the price tag on the B&T but we are talking about parts for a $1600+ shotgun, like buying a Ducati and being pissed the aftermarket is expensive.

What is the best quality, best fitting one of my two remaining options? I dont care about 922r, just solid battle proven equipment.

I don't have any experience with the B&T, but I am confident that it is a very high quality piece. I suspect it probably has the edge on the KZ, but the price is a lot to swallow, especially since it does not help with the potential 922r issue. That said, the KZ is very well made and sturdy. I was pleasently surprised by its construction quality.

However, all of these rail forearms suffer from excessive girth. Someone described the Surefire as similar to holding a pringles can. To be sure, the KZ was the same. Ultimately, I milled about 70% of the material off my KZ forearm to create a sleek aluminum forearm, US manufactured, with short trial rails. It is every bit as comfortable as the stock handguards. I would be concerned that, after spending the money on the B&T, you are not going to be satisfied with it, compared to the factory hand guards.

My $0.02. Do with it as you like. Good luck.

PanaBax

I don't have any experience with the B&T, but I am confident that it is a very high quality piece. I suspect it probably has the edge on the KZ, but the price is a lot to swallow, especially since it does not help with the potential 922r issue. That said, the KZ is very well made and sturdy. I was pleasently surprised by its construction quality.

However, all of these rail forearms suffer from excessive girth. Someone described the Surefire as similar to holding a pringles can. To be sure, the KZ was the same. Ultimately, I milled about 70% of the material off my KZ forearm to create a sleek aluminum forearm, US manufactured, with short trial rails. It is every bit as comfortable as the stock handguards. I would be concerned that, after spending the money on the B&T, you are not going to be satisfied with it, compared to the factory hand guards.

PanaBax

come on now PANABAX, you know we all want to be different!!:D so i have to give it a try!!;)

PanaBax

Your $0.02 is appreciated, good work on your KZ. I saw the pics and it came out perfect, KZ should incorporate your design and offer a full rail and partial rail style. As far as the B&T, i am adding it mainly as a platform for a VFG because I need a strong full length lower rail for positioning possibilities.