Lost post

gjgalligan

I started a thread here and it has disappeared. I know it was there because I went back to it later to see if anybody had responed to it. I do not recall the title of it but it was a question about SuperNovas (pump) action breaking open by itself after the shot.

Now my profile says I have made no posts.

??

I don't know about your lost post, but I can tell you that all pumps release the bolt when fired. Generally, recoil will begin the process of opening the action, then the shooter takes over and completes the process.

In order to keep it closed, you have to make a deliberate effort to keep the forearm forward when shooting.

I started a thread here and it has disappeared. I know it was there because I went back to it later to see if anybody had responed to it. I do not recall the title of it but it was a question about SuperNovas (pump) action breaking open by itself after the shot.

Now my profile says I have made no posts.

??

The only time I have expierenced this is while dry firing when not holding the fore arm. When actually shooting the weapon I have never had this happen.

I don't know about your lost post, but I can tell you that all pumps release the bolt when fired. Generally, recoil will begin the process of opening the action, then the shooter takes over and completes the process.

In order to keep it closed, you have to make a deliberate effort to keep the forearm forward when shooting.

Whatever you just said, tucker just explained it.