New SBEII Shoots high and right:-(

willys59cj5

I would step back to 30 yards and pattern it again; 10 yards is too close to give the pattern time to open up. Also, I would try some different types of ammo to see if it patterns the same with everything and if it does I would experiment with changing the shims in the stock to change the point of impact.

Also, the beads should line up with the front bead just on top of the mid bead, making a figure 8.

The target should be clearly visible just above the two beads, not allowing the beads to cover the target.

Foolish move to take a brand new gun out on a hunt without practicing with it a bit first.

I switched from a Remington to a SBEII and it took me several boxes of shells and several shim adjustments to get it where I wanted it.

I bought a S.B.E. II last spring. It shoots a little high and to the left. After looking it over very closely, I noticed that the front bead is a little off-center to the right. I am assuming that this is why I am shooting left. I will try it again and then contact Benelli.

• 3 months later...

My SBE II also had the issue of the front bead being offset to the right (and not dead center with the barrel). Would be nice to have it centered but in the end just bought an EasyHit bead which helped immensely with my accuracy. However, I'm still shooting low in the heat of the moment and so will experiment with the shims.

My Montefeltro I just bought had the mid bead offset also. Front was ok. There were 3 others in the shop at the time of the same model with the middle bead offset. They were all exactly the same. I thought it was normal but maybe not.

Do you think Benelli would warranty something like this?

I fully agree with Tucker. I switched from a Remington 1100 which requires the sights to be on the target to the SBE II which requires the target to be above the beads. I patterned at 20 to 30 for the Rhino Decoy choke, 30-40 for the Rhino midrange and Benelli modified, and 40+ for the Rhino Turkey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wingshooting with a shotgun is done by pointing the gun at the target, not by aiming at it with the sights as is done with rifle shooting.

Very true but if ya did not fit your shotgun and pattern it and insert correct choke tube ya might as well just close your eyes when ya shoot cause ya will not hit the bird. Adjustable shotguns might be adjusted for your fit from factory but ya still need to pattern it to make sure, thats why some people are missing so many birds but ya gotta get fit done first then address the leed issue and then the scores will go up! Lotta people have never heard of drop and cast adjustments and once they adjust it they will say, that was not that hard now let me try to bust some clays! I saw a sporting clay book At Sporstmans Warehouse that was a very good read for the novice range shooter and probably would help the veteran shooters if they would admit to it!

Maybe they will put a third bead on the SBEII so everyone can complain about it being off center as for an exuse on why they can't hit anything!! HEHE! I called Benelli and a Tech told me he took the old dremmel and got rid of his mid bead just to fix the issue of "well do i stack them or rack them" Guess it is what ya are shooting, be it wingshooting vs Slugshooting, to each his own?