12ga nova pump ejection issues

Edisto Jimbo

I bought my nova pump less than a year ago and have fired maybe 2 boxes out of it. I am upset that when shooting 3 and 3 1/2 inch shells the gun drops the fired shell instead of ejecting it. It is Very frustrating when watching your brother shoot while you dig out the old shell. Does anybody else have this problem or a solution? I checked the ejector pin and it seems fine and for some reason it is able to eject when holding the gun with the ejection hole up.

Jimbo,

When you say the gun "Drops the fired shell," I'm assuming you mean the empty shell stays in the port or the chamber?

Does the gun eject 2 3/4" shells?

Have you tried slow cycling empty 3-3 1/2" shells to see if the extractor is slipping? Slow cycling with empties might shed some light.

Good luck and I hope the problem gets worked out as I am waiting to pick up a Nova soon.

i have and it is quite random. sometimes it will grab the shell, and eject it from the chamber and sometimes it will not. the best i can make of it is maybe the bolt assembly is not grabbing it. it just doesnt seem to hold the shell "tight", thus the used shell dropping onto the new shell and jamming. and for some reason that 2 3/4 seems ok, which is fine for the ol orange birds, but i know the gun is much better than that

Edited by Edisto Jimbo

two things you ought to know about nova ejection. You have to pull fast and hard on the fore end when pumping the gun, because the ejection is based on a spring that gives as you pull so need to pull hard and fast. Also make sure you have the ejection spring installed look at the manual, with the metal tab toward the front of the receiver. Good luck should work. If not go to brownells or egun and buy new ejector spring they are like $5 usually.

two things you ought to know about nova ejection. You have to pull fast and hard on the fore end when pumping the gun, because the ejection is based on a spring that gives as you pull so need to pull hard and fast. Also make sure you have the ejection spring installed look at the manual, with the metal tab toward the front of the receiver. Good luck should work. If not go to brownells or egun and buy new ejector spring they are like $5 usually.

I to think it's the ejection spring causing the problem but I've never had a problem ejecting shells slowly.

i have pumped it fast and slow with same results. i dont think its the spring but its a cheap part so i am replacing it anyways with my fingers crossed it will be a cheap fix. but im scared it might be the extractor on the bolt assembly. also it started happening before i ever broke down the gun