Indian creek in a M2

kybagger

Hello all,

Anyone using a Indian creek choke in a M2 ? If so how do u like it is it worth the 80 for it. I have been using a jelly head with H 13 but have an itch to try this indian creek so would like to hear from anyone that has use this set up.

Terry

Just bought one for my SBE l. Have not patterned it yet. To much snow!! I also plan on shooting H 13 with it. I am told that it is a hot set up. Will let you know when it warms up a little.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just got one for my M2 W/ 26" brrl but I also havent had a chance to pattern it yet. When I do I will shoot some 3" #6 Nitros through it.
That is a great combination. I have the same, except 3.5'' shells, sitting in my basement waiting for the weather to get a little nicer. Let me know how they work out for you... Mike

Hello all,

Anyone using a Indian creek choke in a M2 ? If so how do u like it is it worth the 80 for it. I have been using a jelly head with H 13 but have an itch to try this indian creek so would like to hear from anyone that has use this set up.

Terry

I'd call IC and ask what set-up might work best for the M2. In the still target world, IC moved past most of the competition several years ago. I have Rhinos, JHs, etc. and like them, but the IC chokes I have perform much better.

Anything will work out to 30-35 yards, but I've found the IC really performs well after some chokes peter out.

• 2 weeks later...

O.K. I made it out Saturday to try out the IC .665 in my M2 26" Brl, @40 Yds the pattern was a little left and low but it put 85 holes in a 10" paper plate, then I put one of those shoot and see turkey targets up and it put 37 holes in the head neck and upper body of the turkey that was with 3" #6 Nitros when it was 28 degrees and windy. I have a adjustable tru glo rear sight on it so I can compensate for the low left thing. I am still waiting for a calm warm day to do some more experimenting! Anyone else been doing any patterning with a M2?? If so tell me what you got I dont know if this pattern is real good or nominal I realize it will kill birds at 40 Yds and that is all I needed but I am just curious about different load combo's.

I would barely be happy with twice that on the 10" at 40 yards with 3" #6 Nitros :(

I get 160-180 with the IC .665 + H-13 2.25 oz #6's, and even that is just acceptable to me.

Shot H-13 #7's yesterday - haven't counted them yet - but it looks like 200+ easy in the 10" at 40 yards :)

I would barely be happy with twice that on the 10" at 40 yards with 3" #6 Nitros

I get 160-180 with the IC .665 + H-13 2.25 oz #6's, and even that is just acceptable to me.

Shot H-13 #7's yesterday - haven't counted them yet - but it looks like 200+ easy in the 10" at 40 yards :)

Just counted one of the H-13 #7's from yesterday, 305 in the 10" at 40 yards. Will post photos in another post probably. But there are a ton of #7's in 2.25 oz :D

I would barely be happy with twice that on the 10" at 40 yards with 3" #6 Nitros :(

Wow. That is unbelievable. Did the point of impact change at all Mudhen? I know you said the 5x6x7's shot way low. Interested to see if shot to the same POI as the 6's. Thanks for sharing...Mike

Mudhen, is that 3" or 3 1/2" #7's. I agree with you I should get a lot tighter pattern than what i have now but I wonder what the pellet count difference is between the shell i shot and what you did??

I'm shooting the 3.5" H-13 #7's - maybe 10% more pellets than your Nitro #7's.

I don't have my camera cord with me, but last night I counted 3 #7 targets; 270, 308, and a 336. All at a strong lasered 40.5 yards....

I need to try some H-13's but they are nowhere to be found around here, I started to ask, "dont you think #7s are a little light for turkeys" but if your putting 330+ pellets into a bird at 40 yds **** you can kill coyotes with that count. I still will try something different yet and will let you know how it comes out.

I need to try some H-13's but they are nowhere to be found around here, I started to ask, "dont you think #7s are a little light for turkeys" but if your putting 330+ pellets into a bird at 40 yds **** you can kill coyotes with that count. I still will try something different yet and will let you know how it comes out.

H-13 #7's are not your everyday #7's :D

post a pic...200+?

Will post up photos on Thursday - don't have the right cord here on the road :)

From last Sunday @ 40 yards, I got:

H-13 #6's - BPS - IC .665; 169, 232, 172

H-13 #6's - SBE II - JH .660; 182

H-13 #7's - BPS - IC .665; 270, 326, 305, 336

But there are 550+- pellets in those #7's. Only a mere 434 pellets in the #6's :D

Wow. That is unbelievable. Did the point of impact change at all Mudhen? I know you said the 5x6x7's shot way low. Interested to see if shot to the same POI as the 6's. Thanks for sharing...Mike

About the same. The #7's might be a tad to the left, maybe just a few inches, I'll probably just wind it :)

Will post up photos on Thursday - don't have the right cord here on the road :)

From last Sunday @ 40 yards, I got:

H-13 #6's - BPS - IC .665; 169, 232, 172

H-13 #6's - SBE II - JH .660; 182

H-13 #7's - BPS - IC .665; 270, 326, 305, 336

But there are 550+- pellets in those #7's. Only a mere 434 pellets in the #6's :D

Thanks for the info. That is great stuff. I've got to get some, just to try. Good luck this year Mudhen...Mike

Thanks for all the Info, those are some great groups! Like I said I need to get my hands on some different loads and spend some more time shooting (darn). Have you tried the Magnum blend?

Yes, it patterns low and a bit blown in the two guns I've tested it in so far. It doesn't throw as tight of a pattern as the H-13 6/7, but it may be that MB doesn't like to be overchoked. Lots of MB info over on Old Gobbler....

Mudhen,,,O.K. here is the latest turkey gun tale, The only store around here is gander mt, so I went there and picked up their last box of magnum blend H-Shot, thinking that was all they had left for turkey loads in hevi shot I also grabbed a box of magshok's w/flight control wad #6s and went back to the paper sunday, This time I started at 30yds and with both the nitro 6's and the mag shok's (6's) I got around 140 ish holes in the 10" plate,,,,,,Then I shot a hevi shot mag blend (5,6&7's) at 30 and went up to 245 holes,,,,WOW what a difference. But then on the other hand at 40 yds the pattern tended to be a little lower and I was still getting a smidge over a hundred with the HS but the nitro's and the magshok was getting around 40 holes each. All this again was with the IC .665 choke in my 26" M2. I since have went back to gander and found them to have left, three boxes of Hevi-Shot in 2oz of #5's soooo I got them and that will have to do, after seeing what the Mag Blend does I am sure I am talking dead turkey out to at least 40+ Yds.

Slight correction to my wording the 40 holes I got with the nitro's and the magshok's were into the head/neck (hiviz target) area at 40yds and not a 10 plate. the Hevi shot was shot into the plate and it still got a little over 100 at 40. I was out of turkey targets at that point.

P.S. My definition of Pis--- off is to spend $60.00 for 15 turkey shells and get home to find two of the shells werent crimped all the way and were leaking powder out the top!!! I do have some double rebate coupons,so it wont hurt as bad!

Edited by NRUT82