CMM bolt release for benelli's any good??

texas skeeter

You're in Europe right? That may make things more costly, I'm not sure.

I've found the Teflon based coatings to be extremely durable. I have over 15,000 rounds through this Beretta 92g Elite II that has a teflon coated frame. Even the frame rails have not worn the finish down. I carried this weapon on duty from 2002 till 2009. The decocker and trigger bar was not refinished. So you can tell how well the teflon has held up compared to the factory finish.

3428772334_3fd53c2f16.jpg

3548577438_8061d08a7d.jpg

More than just being more resistant to wear, it is self lubricating and very easy to clean.

wow, that looks brand new!

i just wondered, coz my mum used to tell me "don't scratch the (teflon coated) pan".

but that definitely proves her wrong! the gunsmith would have to remove the old finish, right?

how about refinishing things like mounts/other metal-made accessories?

€: you plan to use the robar NP3, have you ever tried the birdsong black-t? what would you say is the most durable (best), non reflective black finish?

Edited by xamoel

Black T is considered one of the best finish. It's used on Benchmade blades, and it holds up very well. Most old finishes will be chemically stripped off before being refinished.

The absolute toughest black finish will be Ion Bonding. However, it doesn't have much in the terms of lubrication properties. It is limited to the types of materials that it can be applied to.

I had an ion bonded bolt carrier group, Noveske barrel and all of my XDm magazines are coated in it. It's extremely durable. My BCG never showed any signs of wear. I'd still rather have the NP3 though, because of the lubricant properties. I would rather have a black finish also, but sometimes the benefits are worth the trade off.

Most companies will refinish small parts for a fee. They usually frown on doing extremely small parts like detents or bolts.

is black ion bonding non reflective, like the original m4?

why do you need the lubrication properties on the outside of the gun?

i can see why its needed in the trigger group etc, though why on the outside?

would you see any advantage in ion bonding f.e. the sidearmor plus the mounts on it?

On the exterior, the teflon doesn't really matter. It's about metal parts rubbing on each other. On handguns, it's quite durable to holster wear. Much moreso than regular anodizing. Often times parts are dip coated. So the entire frame or receiver is then coated evenly in a finish such as NP3. For cosmetic reasons, a black teflon finish would then be applied to the outer surface. The Np3 finish is superior, but only comes in matte or satin nickel finish.

Ion bonding has a very dull flat black finish. Here is a photo of the magazines I had coated in it.

3537640593_cba4741aa6.jpg

It is very similar to the melonite finish on the XDm.

Another advantage to Ion Bonding is how thin it is. It is only a few microns thick. So tolerance tightening isn't as much of an issue.

The finish on your SideArmor rail will be very similar to the way Ion Bonding looks. It's Type 3 anodizing is different than the anodizing on the two Benelli M4's I have. Unless you're coating an entire weapon, I wouldn't worry about coating the rail assembly. The only reason I would coat it would be to make everything match evenly.

The barrel assembly of the M4 is almost always a lot different than the receiver. They generally have a dull dark grey to medium grey finish.

ok, so you dip coat the gun with NP3 for lubrication, than coat the exterior in Roguard?

yep, my barrel color is quite different to the magazine tube as well.

quite a lot of magazines you got there! can't really tell the color compared to the M4 due to the flashlight, but looks pretty much the same.

how does cerakote compare to robar NP3?

why don't you get the m4 dip coated in NP3, than ion bonded on the exterior, would that be too expensive?

because as you said, ion bonding is the toughest finish.

Ion Bonding is applied in a similar fashion as NP3, so it's an all or nothing process. Its strength is predicated on the material it is applied to also. So Ion Bonding on steel will be more durable than say on aluminum.

The benefits of a paint on based finish are color options. Their lubricant properties aren't as good as a teflon based finish like Black-T or Rogaurd. However, they have a lot more color options and can be retouched when needed. It can also be applied to plastics too for color continuity.