just put the mepro/nighties on my m4

texas skeeter

What idiot company designs a part around a 5.5mm size? You're telling me a 5mm or 6mm wouldn't have worked?

Jeeze..

NOPE!! the 5 was too small and the 6 was too big. and the funniest part of it all, the 5.5 was a little loose!!:eek: it didnt have the fit of a normal size wrench to its sized nut. go figure!! the actual size seems to be 5.25mm.:p

how happy are you with the sights during day? are they clearly visible?

coz i'm thinking about getting them machined for the Trijicon night sights, with the white housing around the tritium.

hey CAMEL!! If i had it to do over again, id go the route your talking about. these sites are great, but the white ring from the other process is larger and does help better in the day. you can still these mepro's good but not as well as w/ a white ring. i still might go the other way and sell these. TS

alright, so i just need to find a way to get my original sights to the US, because tooltech gunsights don't accept orders from europe, as usual.

i already contacted trijicon directly, if there's a way to get them here. haven't answered yet though.

btw trijicon got 12 years of warranty on their sights, mepro only 5. strange, isn't it?

would you try orange rear and green front?

alright, so i just need to find a way to get my original sights to the US, because tooltech gunsights don't accept orders from europe, as usual.

i already contacted trijicon directly, if there's a way to get them here. haven't answered yet though.

btw trijicon got 12 years of warranty on their sights, mepro only 5. strange, isn't it?

would you try orange rear and green front?

oh HECK NOOOOOOO!!! that would be BU-FUGLY!!!:D stay with white.if you like, i can send the sights i just took off my m4 to them and get them done. and when they come back to me, i can mail them to you and you just mail yours to me once you've received mine. and just pay me thru paypal if that helps you out?? TS

Just a thought. I considered NS for mine, but I found that my light on my Sidearmor actually will illuminate my stock sight for something like 5 minutes or more if I leave the light on for a few seconds. Obviously if my light dies, I'm out of luck, but if you want to stealth around in the dark, just flash your light very quick and your sights are GTO and the sight is alot brighter than the tritiums. The NS for the rear are pretty small anyways and the front one is the one you focus on mainly anyways. Yes, if I didn't have the light I would definetely get the aftermarkets.

I would get the orange in the rear. The reason being that the rear tritium is only used to help align your face to the rear ghost ring. You do not want a very bright rear set. It's so close to your face that it is a blur. It is useless to try to use a traditional three dot alignment.

Try it out for yourself. Cover the white dots on the rear with tape and go into a dark room with the standard glowing white sight. Try to shoulder the weapon, find the ghost ring and align your face to the weapon.

Now try it with the dots uncovered and charged.

I would just get the meprolights. It will be hard to export a radioactive isotope on a customs form I bet. :p

Any time you mail stuff overseas, you have to fill out a customs slip. Each country has different rules and regulations on what can and cannot be brought in. Some countries even ban the posession of tritium.

if im not mistaken he's in GERMANY. and im pretty sure you dont have to do anything special to just mail a letter. remember, im JUST sending him a letter!!:D

A letter wouldn't need a customs declaration, a parcel would. But the letters going to go through machines and it may rip through and fall out. You could send a parcel to an APO address if you have a friend there. Still may need a customs form, but may not get opened if it just said "sights" or "benelli parts", not that I'm advocating that :)

the european union indeed made some laws about the possession of tritium, but noone really cares. pathetic anyway, plenty of things can damage you more than a bloody tritium night sight.

because of those laws, most german gun shops dont sell them anymore.

For quite a while you could buy tritium keychain fobs from the UK and they even had a tritium flashlight! None of the radioactivity escapes, tritium is so weak the alpha particles cannot penetrate the glass tube. There is no way for anyone to detect any radioactivity. The only laws I found that regulated tritium was a US prohibition against "trivial uses". Basically keychain fobs are forbidden but gun sites are OK. I really wish I bought that flashlight when I had the chance!