collapsible stock for super nova

gdiazdetuesta

Still on the hunt for a collapsible stock for my super Nova. I checked with the department of justice and the atf for legality and they say its OK to have one. When I called Benelli they said no way LOL unless your military or law enforcement and even if you fit that criteria good luck getting one. Talk about something being frustrating. Arrrrrrgggggggg!

what gets me, is how come fellow members from other than the U.S. here on this site wont at least try and get/send a few over here!!:confused: supposedly they are not illegal!! so WTF??? why no love from other countries that CAN get them from benelli??? :rolleyes: i know for sure certain members here WOULD PAY whatever the going rate for them!! TS

what gets me, is how come fellow members from other than the U.S. here on this site wont at least try and get/send a few over here!!supposedly they are not illegal!! so WTF??? why no love from other countries that CAN get them from benelli??? :rolleyes: i know for sure certain members here WOULD PAY whatever the going rate for them!! TS

I know what you mean TS. At least you guys can have a P.G. A collasable is also out the question in DC. **** they would laugh that I even asked. :eek:

That's my next source. I have friend who has family in Germany but I need to check with the proper athorities on the legality of shipping parts internationally.

hey G, it is NOT, i repeat NOT illegal to send those benelli parts to the U.S.!! i used to think it was, but was proven WRONG and thats a good thing!!!:p you could make some good money bringing in those parts in from your buddys family over there!! not to mention make alot of members here happy!! lots of members here would buy them!!;) TS

I think its ok but I want to double check! Surprisingly the ATF is very pleasant to talk to when you have questions about laws. BTW how many people are looking for stocks if I can locate them?

start a thread here asking for orders. give it a few weeks and you'll have your answer.;) not to mention FEEBAY and GUNBROKER, they would sell like hotcakes!!:p especially the nova collapsible stocks!! better yet, ill be your first order, ill take 20 of each!!

hey G, it is NOT, i repeat NOT illegal to send those benelli parts to the U.S.!! i used to think it was, but was proven WRONG and thats a good thing!!!:p you could make some good money bringing in those parts in from your buddys family over there!! not to mention make alot of members here happy!! lots of members here would buy them!!;) TS

You're correct, its not illegal to send the stuff to you but if I send it to you without you having the proper import paperwork, I'm told I could loose my privilege of entering the USA...not really a chance most people want to take. ATF agent told me a US citizen can import up to $100 wholesale without permit, and can apply for a permit for higher value for personal use only (form 6, part 1) - no resale of parts permitted ever. If I send something to you and even suspect you might give it away or resell it, I'm in violation of US laws and can be prosecuted accordingly. Is this true? It seems like it would be easier to work with a licensed importer to get these stocks in.

You're correct, its not illegal to send the stuff to you but if I send it to you without you having the proper import paperwork, I'm told I could loose my privilege of entering the USA...not really a chance most people want to take. ATF agent told me a US citizen can import up to $100 wholesale without permit, and can apply for a permit for higher value for personal use only (form 6, part 1) - no resale of parts permitted ever. If I send something to you and even suspect you might give it away or resell it, I'm in violation of US laws and can be prosecuted accordingly. Is this true? It seems like it would be easier to work with a licensed importer to get these stocks in.

hey E!! i dont understand why everyone has to complicate this issue???:rolleyes: hypothetical situation-- you happen to come across a nova collapsible stock where you live, and "YOUR COUSIN" G-MONEY-DIAZ is having his 21st birthday here in the U.S. and you decide to ship him the c-stock for a gift!! end of story, cause he'd never sell it cause he's been dying to get one. customs, the ATF and NO-ONE in the USA is even gonna give 2 sh-ts!!;) not to mention they ARE NOT ILLEGAL to come into this country!! so what, get whatever permit you think you'd need to send him this gift. and obviously listed as a "GIFT". and the next time you get one of your friends to do the same vary thing for someone else. im just saying, help out fellow benellians here if you have the time thats all. id do it if i lived there, cause it sure would make their day and give them some serious bragging rights!! TS

Edited by texas skeeter

Well, cuz skeeter, maybe you can send an email into ATF to verify this, but I just read the instructions for form 6 part 1 and if I'm reading it correctly it only refers to catagory 1a firearms & components, one of which would be shotguns with barrels less than 18". So as a stock can be put on a shotgun with barrels greater than 18" maybe it wouldn't be a controlled item?

Well, cuz skeeter, maybe you can send an email into ATF to verify this, but I just read the instructions for form 6 part 1 and if I'm reading it correctly it only refers to catagory 1a firearms & components, one of which would be shotguns with barrels less than 18". So as a stock can be put on a shotgun with barrels greater than 18" maybe it wouldn't be a controlled item?

well then you're good to go. because the barrel on an m4 and SNT "IS" greater than 18 inches.;) its either 18.3 or 18.5. i can't remember which, but ill measure mine and let you know which one!! as a matter of fact, most of the nelli m4's listed gunbroker even state length in the listing or description. TS

Edited by texas skeeter