TACTICAL SHOTGUNNER?? any problems??

texas skeeter

i bought the CCM bolt release pad this past sunday, paid w/ C.C. and this is the email i got today. "we have these on order and hope to have them soon. we will ship as soon as they arrive. your order has been placed in the following status, on backorder. thanks Patti"also shipping was 9.95 for a part the size of a nickel. WTF???:mad::mad: what ever happened to having sh-t in stock or at least putting in the item for sale description, "out of stock"!! not to mention it takes 5 days to tell you they dont have it?????? if i ordered it from another site that has it, i'd have it already!!!!! WTF??????????? I TRUELY HATE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

I have not had a bad experience with them but having worked in the online sales industry for quite a few years now I can tell you that what happened is common practice and it sucks. Lots of companies do this and don't tell you that it is out of stock until you've already paid. Then to try to get a refund is worse than pulling teeth. Or they oversell and forget to fix the listing to say out of stock. Your name then goes into a pile of "we'll ship these whenever they get here" and they forget about it since they have your money already. As I browse for accessories for my new Nova Tactical it appears that most companie's are "out of stock" on a lot of things. I would recommend to always call them first and see if they have it. That is what a lot of our customer's do.

Companies all juice up the shipping charges a bit to make a couple extra bucks. If they are a company that does substantial business they get shipping discounts and can just charge the list rate and still make some extra dough.

Tactical Shotgunner's flat shipping rate works out well if you either expensive things, or place large orders. Not so well on the other end.

Either way if you paid via cc just file a chargeback through your cc company if you're that pissed off. Even if you don't win you'll tie up the funds on their end for a while and become a thorn in their side.

i bought the CCM bolt release pad this past sunday, paid w/ C.C. and this is the email i got today. "we have these on order and hope to have them soon. we will ship as soon as they arrive. your order has been placed in the following status, on backorder. thanks Patti"also shipping was 9.95 for a part the size of a nickel. WTF???:mad::mad: what ever happened to having sh-t in stock or at least putting in the item for sale description, "out of stock"!! not to mention it takes 5 days to tell you they dont have it?????? if i ordered it from another site that has it, i'd have it already!!!!! WTF??????????? I TRUELY HATE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

Deal directly with Pati.

Griping here on this forum can't help with a company that may not be reading your complaint.

I have dealt with them before, both by mail, and in person, and have had no problems.

Make your problems known to the one who can do something about it.

Hope this helps.

Deal directly with Pati.

Griping here on this forum can't help with a company that may not be reading your complaint.

i did send them a return email, and what do you know, no response! im very busy providing for my family, i dont have time for B.S. and im sure they are an honest and way too busy company. but my point is, WHY LIST AN ITEM FOR SALE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE IT IN STOCK!!;) and why is it acceptable as of lately for the customer to always have to catch, straighten out and be burdened with such business practices???:confused: thats all im trying to say "G". and to warn fellow benellians here about how they do business. i could have had the item in my hands right now had i bought it somewhere that has it it stock!! last but not least, my gripe isnt so much the high shipping cause i agreed to pay it. but being that high, you'd think they'd ship the item a little faster??? moral to my story,, quit being soo greedy and hire more people to help udate your site if you're too busy to do it!! which is usually the excuse.. TS

Edited by texas skeeter

Hey Skeeter! Maybe Tactical Shotgunner could use your spare nuke more than Crazyfornia

UM NOPE!! sorry HOOKA, i only have 1 and its definately reserved for "The Republic of Crazikasikstanfornia"!! cause i was born in that state and they RUINED IT!!:mad: only reason i havent approved the flight plans for the bombing mission is cause you have'nt moved yet!!:D

Ron and Patti are are good people. I am very lucky to have them as a resource for quality tactical shotgun parts and service here in Indy. They sell a lot of product, and some times it just isn't available when they need it. They have done well by me when I need parts for my M2 and SBE2.

I am sorry we had a problem getting you your product in a timely manner.

We are a very small company that is run by myself and my wife, As far as greed goes we haven't made much over a dollar doing this yet, We have been growing our business as fast as we can.

I work a full time job and try to run my business at the same time with my wifes help.

We try very hard to get and keep all items in stock but with operating capitol that wouldn't equal a bigger companies petty cash it is a bit more difficult to order large quantities. You couple this with difficulty you can run into with distributors and suppliers getting gear to you and it can at times take time, even considerable time. We don't like it any more than you do.

As far as the flat rate shipping goes we always adjust for smaller packages regardless of posted policy. If you would have checked with us prior to popping off you would have seen this. It averages out on shipping for us we don't make much if anything on shipping. We are not a bigger company with a huge account with any shipper.

There is no refund necessary because orders are not charged until they are shipped which you would have been informed of if you would have given us time to respond. Three of the five days it took us to respond are days we are closed which is clearly stated on the website. Again its my wife and I and a couple of freinds who help us out on occasion.

My wife and I would love nothing more than to be in there full time helping you guys get the gear you need but I too have to feed my family and this as of yet isn't paying enough to do it.

Drop me an Email, give me a call, or send smoke signals and I will cancel your order if that's what you would like.

The CMM's should be in in the next few days. We have plenty of the the GG&G Kits in stock.

Ron and Patti

TSG

Tacticalshotgunner.com

If you would have checked with us prior to popping off you would have seen this.

if you would have given us time to respond. Three of the five days it took us to respond are days we are closed which is clearly stated on the website.

Drop me an Email

i realize you guys run a small company, and i appreciate that. but that being said you seem to have time to respond here, yet i still havent received a return email from the thurs email i sent you and im pretty sure you're open for business that day till today. and as far as time to respond, my basic gripe is WHY DO SOOOO MANY COMPANIES LIST ITEMS FOR SALE ON THEIR SITES THAT ARE NOT IN STOCK AND ARE ON BACKORDER??!! more importantly why not list the said item on backorder on your site??? it would make it a lot easier on customers to not have to wonder how long they'll have to wait for the item after they've put in an order. not to mention, who checks to see what days an online company is open? i saw your item linked in a thread and clicked on it. NOWHERE did it say it was on back-order so i ordered it. what else is there to check on?? like i said, items in stock or list it otherwise is my gripe!! it happens more and more and it sucks!! it just so happens i cannot cancel my order due to you are the only ones selling that item. and i do apologize if i offended you or your company, but nothing i said here wasnt true. TS

Edited by texas skeeter

i realize you guys run a small company, and i appreciate that. but that being said you seem to have time to respond here, yet i still havent received a return email from the thurs email i sent you and im pretty sure you're open for business that day till today. and as far as time to respond, my basic gripe is WHY DO SOOOO MANY COMPANIES LIST ITEMS FOR SALE ON THEIR SITES THAT ARE NOT IN STOCK AND ARE ON BACKORDER??!! more importantly why not list the said item on backorder on your site??? it would make it a lot easier on customers to not have to wonder how long they'll have to wait for the item after they've put in an order. not to mention, who checks to see what days an online company is open? i saw your item linked in a thread and clicked on it. NOWHERE did it say it was on back-order so i ordered it. what else is there to check on?? like i said, items in stock or list it otherwise is my gripe!! it happens more and more and it sucks!! it just so happens i cannot cancel my order due to you are the only ones selling that item. and i do apologize if i offended you or your company, but nothing i said here wasnt true. TS

Sir, we have our online store as well as our retail storefront now. We are trying to get our retail store up to speed and increase capitol so we can hire a couple of people in.

First I would like to address a couple of things that you posted that simply aren't true

First being we aren't greedy. Do we want to make money, absolutely. I would love to be able to this full time and in order to do that, I need to make money.

Shipping, you keep saying that you were being charged $9.25 for shipping. Had you checked your order you would see that your shipping was adjusted to $6.

I can not speak for the other companies who list things for sale and don't have them in stock. For us, I try to let people know when things are not in stock or have an extended wait. At times we even pull things off the site that have extensive back orders. Eventually we want to have a depth of stock that will greatly reduce these issues. We leave most items up because we are expecting them to be a short back order and we want people to get the product. And yes we would prefer it be from us. People need to know what kind of products we carry and that they can get them. I try to update the inventory as often as I can and often I fall short. With product going through the internet and the shop it is hard to monitor the inventory hour to hour without expensive programs and equipment. Again, as we grow our goal is to eliminate these problems. If I do not list an item, I can not sell it then or when it comes off back order.

I am glad you couldn't find it anywhere else only for the fact that it shows that we are trying to get product and take care of a part of the market that no one else does. Please bear with us, we are going through growing pains, an up and down economy, and trying everything we can to make this company bigger and better so that we may offer more product and better service.

Normally we answer our emails within 1-2 business days. Sometimes this is hard to do with the work load that we have. We do try and we apologize for the delay in getting back to you. It is not the way we like to do business but unfortunately it is sometimes a reality.

I hope that if you place an order with us again in the future that you do not have to deal with this. If not we are sorry we lost your business.

Sir, we have our online store We leave most items up because we are expecting them to be A SHORT BACK ORDER and we want people to get the product.

had this message above been conveyed to me earlier in the week, i wouldnt have said nor typed a word. but i do thank you for the reply here tonight with this info. please understand, alot of us buying online during the pmag incident/shortage got screwed and it was very frustrating!! and dont want to deal with that kind of business again. im sure ill see my item soon and THANK YOU.TS

I too made a purchce of several Items from Tactical Shotgunner, out of 4 Items 3 Arrived in a timely manner and fair Shipping charges, they answered all my questions promptly, I asked to be refunded for the Item that had been placed on backorder and they Quickly emailed me a Refund receipt.

I have No complaints and would buy from them again.

I am new here but is sounds to me that your going a bit overboard with this minor issue.

People have to deal with a lot worse things than my parts didn't ship on time or are on back order, take it easy already, life is too short, your going to give yourself a heart attack.

Newgunner.

I too made a purchce of several Items from Tactical Shotgunner, out of 4 Items 3 Arrived in a timely manner and fair Shipping charges, they answered all my questions promptly, I asked to be refunded for the Item that had been placed on backorder and they Quickly emailed me a Refund receipt.

I have No complaints and would buy from them again.

I am new here but is sounds to me that your going a bit overboard with this minor issue.

People have to deal with a lot worse things than my parts didn't ship on time or are on back order, take it easy already, life is too short, your going to give yourself a heart attack.

Newgunner.

hey YODA!! thanks for the good advice!!:D but do remember, one does have the right to be unhappy and doesnt have to accept companies that dont have items in stock. and after speaking with ron over there everything worked out just fine. he does run a standup company ill admit. hey just by your tone, you didnt happen to vote for that HOPE and CHANGE thingy did you??:p

Nope, and your right you do have rights.

But you did manage to make my point.

I thought temper tantrums ended at age 4.

Did you ever think that you might be hurting someones hard earned business by shooting off at the mouth before you ever try and resolve it.

These forums are very powerful tool to hurt someones livelyhoood, and you should try and resolve your issues before posting, then if you can't get any satisfaction, Bring and BRING IT HARD.

We are interested in hearing the good and the bad if it is substantiated.

Not looking for a fight, just thougt it was a bit overboard.

Nope, and your right you do have rights.

But you did manage to make my point.

I thought temper tantrums ended at age 4.

Did you ever think that you might be hurting someones hard earned business by shooting off at the mouth before you ever try and resolve it.

These forums are very powerful tool to hurt someones livelyhoood, and you should try and resolve your issues before posting, then if you can't get any satisfaction, Bring and BRING IT HARD.

We are interested in hearing the good and the bad if it is substantiated.

Not looking for a fight, just thougt it was a bit overboard.

hey GUNNER, i do appreciate the advice. and since you still want to bring up the topic ill explain my point again. i heard yours and agree i did fly off the handle a bit early. but i also made a few valuable points and that is ultimately what i was trying to convey. "items not in stock sucks!!" and not listed , "not in stock" is even worse. thats all i was trying to say. i dont know how old you are and it doesnt really matter here. but i remember a time when customer service was about the customer and not just about sales. and im sure many people will agree with on that one.;) and buying pmags the beginning of 2008 proved just how many people got screwed with what i mentioned above. last but not least. jon and patti at TACTICALSHOTGUNNER are stand-up people and they straightened everything out w/ a f/u email. not to mention other people made the same claim. maybe just a bit nicer!!

Edited by texas skeeter

hey GUNNER, i do appreciate the advice. and since you still want to bring up the topic ill explain my point again. i heard yours and agree i did fly off the handle a bit early. but i also made a few valuable points and that is ultimately what i was trying to convey. "items not in stock sucks!!" and not listed , "not in stock" is even worse. thats all i was trying to say. i dont know how old you are and it doesnt really matter here. but i remember a time when customer service was about the customer and not just about sales. and im sure many people will agree with on that one.;) and buying pmags the beginning of 2008 proved just how many people got screwed with what i mentioned above. last but not least. jon and patti at TACTICALSHOTGUNNER are stand-up people and they straightened everything out w/ a f/u email. not to mention other people made the same claim. maybe just a bit nicer!!

I am old enough to know what it is like to be on the other side of unsubstantiated bashing.:(

Your point is well taken, I am Glad you worked everything out as I suspected you would be able to, given my experience with TSG.

Thank you and Good Night.

I spoke to her today about another matter. The check out page if you look real close in red letter, states not in stock.

Tex, I was also ordering that part as well until I saw Back Order. I just went with the Messa Push Button Sling Swivel instead. $26.00 shipped. C/C was not charged till item shipped. I waited about 4 days with no email about my order. It was also on Back order. But the web site did not inform me before I placed the order. Now On to another concern, the Bolt that holds the Swivel was striped. Pattie told me to call Messa. I did just that. A new replacement is on its was buy Snail Mail.