Newbie needs help

SCB04

Well I am new to the boards, and new to Benelli. So hello to evryone.

OK, so I picked up a new shotgun the other day that I am using for deer hunting. It is a Black Eagle semi auto setup with a rifled slug barrel and scope. I bought it off of my father used, that he took in on trade for another gun. Well neither one of us have ever handled a Benelli. I was just wondering if someone could walk me through the basic operation. (no owners manual) There is a silver tab on the right side with a red dot???? Sorry to sound stupid here, but thought I would ask. It is all new to me! Thanks to any replies in advance.

[ 12-13-2004, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: SCB04 ]

the little tab with the red dot is the button to hold the action back. if you push it in and it will click and then the action will stay back when you pull it so it is easier to load your first shell. then push the little black button on the side to close it and it will shut. then load the rest of your shells in the bottom. hope this helps.

I stick my index finger inside the under side of the weapon and push in the shell stop and they come out one by one,I used to do it the other way,the Benelli manual shows this method. M1014(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

[ 12-14-2004, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

Or you can just push in the shell retaining tab (carrier latch) that hold the shells in the magazine and remove the shells one at a time.

Not everyone can get their fingers in there to do that, so it's not an option for all.

It is exactly that feature that makes the SBE so special. I love being able to take just one shell out. Some Browning Golds have a mag cut-off switch that is good too.

Get a copy of the manual from Benelli. They can be downloaded here as well.

No one should ever fire a gun they don't know how to operate.

mudhen - CA