Benelli M4.

alfred10

Will this gun run good dry? How hard is it to detail strip and clean argo system? My largest problem is that there is not really anyway to mount a light other than that over priced huge rail system. Also doesnt have a bayonet lug... Will these come down in price at some point? I want one but am affraid they will either drop in price or offer it with the two options I mentioned....

Are you really serious? Think of the most obvious answer to your questions and there you go. 1) If Benelli wanted it run dry they wouldn't include a 50ml bottle of MF-82 oil. 2) No, a rail will never be a factory option. 3) Bayonet lug, are you going back to W*** or Nam with the M4 you dont own?

I have said it before and will continue to hold my position, go get the gun 1st and shoot it. Why waste your time or anothers time with questions about something you do not own?:mad:

Oh, btw I'm sure they are goin on closeout soon with rails and bayonet lugs for $299.99 just sit back and wait.:D

The M4 runs better wet.

The Argo plugs are easily removed. It isn't recommended that you disassemble them. Soak them in solvent and blast them out with breakfree if you're anal. Do not oil them.

Adding a light is complicated and expensive depending on how you want to activate the light. Mesa has a cheap barrel clamp that doesn't hamper disassembly.

No luck on a bayonet mount.

Prices are stable around 1400 - 1450 for a new black 11707 model. Don't count on seeing cheaper for a new one. Ever. Benelli has nothing new for it on the horizon. Any solutions will be aftermarket.

No luck on a bayonet mount.

its so amusing to me when someone suggests putting a bayonet on anything!! i understand fighting on an island in the south pacific. but for around the house/urban setting i can just imagine walking around a corner and sticking your wife!!:D i dont want a bayonet on anything. if i run out of ammo and dont take down every intruder in my house w/ all the loaded guns i have, i deserve to die.:o

Edited by texas skeeter

I like the bayonet option. It helps prevent a gun grab in tight hallways and gives me an option if the gun jams. I think a CQB shotgun is better with a bayonet...

could you or anyone else please show me a real pic of a SWAT,LEO,NAVY SEAL or any tactical group from the last decade and not WW-II or vietnam,w/ a CQB shotgun w/ a bayonet attached??:p heck, even an ar15- m4?? its just not practicle or they would use it. but if you like it, get it.

Edited by texas skeeter

just think what would happen if the bayonet got stuck in the guts of the attacker! a gut-grab so to say!

"Discharging the weapon should release the bayonet from the abdominal cavity..."

That's what they told me in the Army...as I thought to myself, "If I still have a round left, I'll not be using my bayonet."

In Iraq, the bayonets stayed in the arms room...cold steel assaults are most likely a thing of the past.

Some manufactures are still making the AR gas block with the bayonet/grenade launcher mounting tab on them. My Bushmaster Gas Piston M4A3 came with it and the M9 knife/bayonet will attach over the barrel and lock into place. If you are set on the bayonet, put a M9 on your AR and you are done without any expensive mods pending you have an AR with such gas block. Here are some pics so you can see.

DSC02352.jpg

DSC02353.jpg

I like the bayonet option. It helps prevent a gun grab in tight hallways and gives me an option if the gun jams. I think a CQB shotgun is better with a bayonet...
could you or anyone else please show me a real pic of a SWAT,LEO,NAVY SEAL or any tactical group from the last decade and not WW-II or vietnam,w/ a CQB shotgun w/ a bayonet attached??:p heck, even an ar15- m4?? its just not practicle or they would use it. but if you like it, get it.

Can't show you a pic; but the last bayonet charge from an allied military force happened in Iraq (2003 or 2004) by a group of Brits. Resulted in scattering the enemy. No loss of life to the Brits. There must be something about a group of guys charging with pointy things and screaming at the top of their lungs that just un-nerve a guy.

The Marine Corps still insists on bayonet lugs on all service rifles. This is one of the reasons they pulled their support from the XM-8, which ultimately killed the project.

The Mossberg 590A1 still in service with the Marine Corps has a bayonet lug.

I don't mind there being a bayonet lug on a rifle or shotgun at all. But, in my opinion, the justification that it helps to prevent "gun grabs" is baloney. A person who is going to grab your weapon is going to do it with the primary intent of controlling the muzzle. A bayonet is at the muzzle. If you can't shoot 'em, you can't stick 'em either.

A bayonet is there just for a SHTF moment. When you can't or don't have time to reload. Of course, you wouldn't keep your bayonet fixed; nor would you probably have it on you around your house. So it isn't for home defense. It's for that society-has-broken-down time that we ALL know is coming soon ... Yeah ... :rolleyes:

Edited by LeoAtrox

I would have to think in a combat situation the call to "Fix Bayonets !" would be the moment you know this day is going to really suck :eek:

Only thing I don't like about my M4 so far is it's not very reliable shooting trap loads...Might just be "that" particular 2 boxes of shells.

I had it in a ammo box since the eary 1990's if that makes any difference.

I would have to think in a combat situation the call to "Fix Bayonets !" would be the moment you know this day is going to really suck

Only thing I don't like about my M4 so far is it's not very reliable shooting trap loads...Might just be "that" particular 2 boxes of shells.

I had it in a ammo box since the eary 1990's if that makes any difference.

LMAO!!:D but as far as trap loads and the m4 go, it may also have to do with a barrel half the length of trap guns.;)

its so amusing to me when someone suggests putting a bayonet on anything!! i understand fighting on an island in the south pacific. but for around the house/urban setting i can just imagine walking around a corner and sticking your wife!!:D i dont want a bayonet on anything. if i run out of ammo and dont take down every intruder in my house w/ all the loaded guns i have, i deserve to die.:o

Man you really need one in Texas. What if a Bull charged you and the M4 Jammed? And with all those unmarked Graves, Who knows how many unidentifiable Zombies are lose attaching M4 owners.

Man you really need one in Texas. What if a Bull charged you and the M4 Jammed? And with all those unmarked Graves, Who knows how many unidentifiable Zombies are lose attaching M4 owners.

come on ZEE, thats what my grenades and claymores are for!! and hey, how'd those pmags shoot for ya?? or can ya see far enough to shoot them ya ole BUZZARD??!!:D