weaponlight for my M4!

xamoel

hi guys,

as you may know, i've been doing some research in the forums and on the web for a light/laser combo for my m4.

i came to the conclusion that there isn't a really good combo of light/laser for a large gun, so what do you think of the following:

-as a weaponlight, i want to use the surefire millenium LED/IR

http://www.surefire.com/M952V-MillenniumUniversalWeaponLight

it is nice and small, long battery runtime, LED, AND my favorite, IR illumination simply by twisting the head of the light!

-as i want a laser and IR laser as well (i know, mall ninja junk, still i like it), i thought of going with laser devices:

http://www.falcontactical.net/ladedbdbeail1.html

it's got all i want, just the IR illumination of this unit is not necessary, as the surefire already got it.

what do you think of that combo?

and isn't there any way to fake a agency ID? or will they also accept private foreign LE agencies?

Why do you want IR? You run night vision?

Take a look at the new series from Surefire called the M720. There are three models. A standard 200 lumen unit. A combo unit that is 150 lumens and has an intergrated IR filter. Then my personal favorite, a 350 lumen output monster. It even strobes. At 350 lumens, a strobe will melt the face off of someone like the Nazi in the raiders of the lost arc.

If you want a visible laser, a Surefire X400 is very nice. 170 lumen light output too. It'll accept the XT07 tail assembly if you want a tape switch.

yep, it's nothing fancy or gen3+, but it gets the job done. i imagine it would be awesome to use it in complete darkness, at least for the intruder, while you have the IR light and laser.

you have a link to the M720? didn't see it on the surefire homepage.

I went with the Surefire M952XM07 on the AR and I have the larger 225 lumens M962XM07 waiting for installation on the M4 as soon as the B&T rail gets here. Both lights have the A.R.M.S. #17 throw-lever mount and XM tailcaps. They share many of the same parts and batteries so if one should fail in the field I have another light or ample parts to make a repair.

that looks impressive! guess i'll be waiting for that one.

is there a laser/IR laser combo out there?

i don't necessarily want to go with the huge laser devices thing, if the surefire already features IR illumination. of course i want to use a remote switch.

I can just see cameltoe sneaking around in the dark with heavy breathing trying to touch some girls hair. :D

IR lasers are pretty hard to get here since they're not legal for civilian purchase. They're legal to own, you just can't buy one. Many people modify visible light lasers into IR ones. Some of the guys over at ar15.com probably do that. They might indicate a path to take.

When that 350 lumen m720 comes out, I plan to replace my m600c Scout Light with it. It should drop right in on my M4's activation setup. Don't plan to see these m720's till summer at the earliest.

hey, when did you steal my idea? ;)

i know, you need a LE agency. how do they check if my LE agency (given i come up with a private agency) really exists? isn't there a way to fake such an ID?

btw i tought IR illuminators are prohibited as well? because the surefire millenium 95270 doesn't say anything about a LE only, and it does feature IR light.

I can just see the police show up to the crime scene and see someone wearing their night vision goggles and decked out laser/IR combat shotgun and saying they were victimized:rolleyes:. Then later in court the prosecution say's here's exibit A(the Benelli joy-kill death-ray gun).

I agree being judged by 12 is being better than carried by six, but boy that 12 will have a field day with this one.

I can just see the police show up to the crime scene and see someone wearing their night vision goggles and decked out laser/IR combat shotgun and saying they were victimized. Then later in court the prosecution say's here's exibit A(the Benelli joy-kill death-ray gun).

I agree being judged by 12 is being better than carried by six, but boy that 12 will have a field day with this one.

im still laughing and agree with the above comment!!:D but you also forgot to mention the BAYONET hanging off the end!!:p

ROFL! great pic! :D

actually i would need to hide those lights and laser before i get out of my house with the gun. possession of any sort of weapon-light is completely forbidden in germany.

i just hate those stupid laws, that's why i don't really care. i think it's a must have for a HD and tactical gun to have a light (and laser).

i did notice the price tag on the DBAL, but it's the only combo of laser/IR laser i found. i would gladly take something cheaper.

yeah, that's germany. if you get caught having a weapon light only laying around your house, they'll take your guns away, and you won't get a permission to buy one ever again.

the gun lobby doesn't have much influence here, unfortunately. and when some crazy kid decides to run amok with his fathers gun, the laws get even more restrictive.

yeah, that's germany. if you get caught having a weapon light only laying around your house, they'll take your guns away, and you won't get a permission to buy one ever again.

the gun lobby doesn't have much influence here, unfortunately. and when some crazy kid decides to run amok with his fathers gun, the laws get even more restrictive.

I guess that whole wall incident thing in 89' was there for theatrics and gave the commoners an a little sence of hope. I would hid any Picatinny rails as well as that would show intent, escpecially if there were wear marks on them from a mount. Geez that's pretty harsh, but your not alone, there are plenty of draconian laws abound everywhere!

hey CAMEL, you can be my WINGMAN i mean NEIGHBOR any time!!:D should you decide to move to the U.S. you are more than welcome in my book!!;)