May turn my Supernova Tac. into 14" SBS... Tell me I'm stupid.

eggman240

So I was just handling my relatively new SNT and started thinking "man, that would be cool to remove the extension, cut the barrel down 4 1/2 inches, and remount the front site." This would bring the barrel length to 14" (SBS?). Then I might need to address the stock and try my best to pick up a collapsible stock from my cousin in the Czech Rep.

This would be neat. Is it feasible?? What paperwork would I need to do? Tax stamp for 14"? Sorry, I am new to the legal aspect of modifications. Any advice or What are you thinking??!?!?" comments welcome...

Is this a bad idea??

For you guys that can have the "good" stuff wouldnt getting a extra barrel be the best idea? (u hunters plan) just swap over barrel and mag tube when you wanna be cool. Damn I wish I was cool. T skeeter you wanna rent me a room so I can reg all kinds of NFA items over there?

ONLY!! if i get to play with them when you're gone!!:D

I still don't understand this short barreled shotgun fad what so ever.

i dont hunt CODY, therefore the shorter tactical shotgun the better. a 14" barrel is much better for a defense SG than the 18". much easier to swing around indoors. cause you dont need long range 100yd shots for a tactical SG. its for close quarters which is all i want it for. for outside i'd use my m4. the shorter SG the better. but thats just my needs a wants. TS

hey SuperDuk, i just want to carry it around on my ranch in my boxers blasting sh-t on full auto and looking cool!! besides, the only way anyone would see me is from a helicopter or plane.:D

Don't be surprised if the Gov has a satellite zooming in on you right now, just trying to get a pic of you in your boxers shootin' away. It'll be on youtube next week :)

i dont hunt CODY, therefore the shorter tactical shotgun the better. a 14" barrel is much better for a defense SG than the 18". much easier to swing around indoors. cause you dont need long range 100yd shots for a tactical SG. its for close quarters which is all i want it for. for outside i'd use my m4. the shorter SG the better. but thats just my needs a wants. TS

Me neither (with my M4 at least), not to mention I also live outside of town meaning my first line of defense is me, myself and I. After owning several configurations it's safe to say that 4" off the barrel end alone doesn't turn a SG into a CQB master key.

Sure I would prefer a SG at all times when it comes to indoor situations. But if you need to manuver through several rooms especially with family members you need a weapon you can move and use with one hand.